How funny this Mach3 saga. Realize that this forum and a few others have all been built on the back of Mach3. If it wasn't for the sooooo bad Mach3, this whole hobby forum would be a quarter the size of what it is today.

This forum and others have really exploded in size when pirated copies of Mach3 were made available to every Tom, Dick and Harry, making it the hobbyest's motion controller of choice. It just rubs me the wrong way everytime I hear how bad it is and every other piece of software out there is better. That's not even close to being true. Mach3 can still today be used, even commercialy and never have a hiccup along the way.

You'll notice UCCNC, EdingCNC and now the all mighty LinuxCNC(Path Pilot) all suffer the same issues as not one will ever be as good as a dedicated commercial piece of software. The reason?????/ They all are trying to please the masses(hobbyest) making there software good at everything. EDM, Lathe, Milling and on and on............Just totally ridiculous.
If you need an example of how the trends are look at poor old Tormach. They lost control of their venerable GUI because they decided to use LinuxCNC as there base. Just pathetic.

My suggestion to you. If it';s a hobby, find a stable copy of Mach3. Rewiring and changing electronics isn't worth it. Maybe bragging rights but that's it.

My two cents.