586,089 active members*
3,776 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

HELP...interact 4 lost parameters

I just bought a series 2 interact 4....got it home and powered it up and the screen is all in german and its asking for parameters before i can do anything else with it to see if everything works on the machine.

I know some of you guys have them because i remember reading about someones interact 4 that needed them to all be reloaded. I replaced the 3 AA batteries in it already.

Could one of you guys please help me out...I cant play with my new machine without the parameters loaded in.

heres my email [email protected]

I had one of those once, with the same problem. Forget about the batteries and get a UPS from your local office suply computer shop and wire the controller to it. This is fairly easy and will give a more reliable memory backup. The manuals are available in PDF format from Heinenhein and should get you out of trouble.

the batteries last about ten years, you do the math

heidenhain can get you a generic parameter list, but I don't know how has the real list, I thought hardinge didn't support them

I sent you a generic list. Did you not get it?

George
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Quote Originally Posted by gus View Post
    the batteries last about ten years, you do the math

heidenhain can get you a generic parameter list, but I don't know how has the real list, I thought hardinge didn't support them
    You must be as smart as you think you are. The batteries MIGHT last ten years if the switching circuit is ok on the CPU board. The UPS works either way and provides a well filter electrical power to keep your chips and such happy. The unit we had would last about twenty minutes on a new set of batteries. The UPS kept everything in for two years, maybe longer, we sold the machine, so I don't know how it's doing now. I have the technical manuals in electronic format and a list of parameters for our machine, if anyone needs them.

That you for the parameters that you emailed me. I typed them in the control and she powered up just fine. I just wanted to start the control up to see if everthing worked correctly before i do a retro. Im going to sell all the electronics off of it to one of the guys on this forum...

re

excellent, you oughta try running it as it is tho, if its at least a 151 it is a full 3 axis control and will run perty nice

re: batteries, dontcha think ya oughta fix the problem rather than add complexity?
    I have 3 of the smaller heidenhain controls and they all get at least ten years

I recently replaced the handwheel on our series 2 interactII. During the process we lost the parameters but were able to reload a copy we had stored for such an occasion. However, not the controller only speaks in German. How do you get it to back to english? Is there a menu command or a machine parameter that needs to be reset?

Thanks
    Ron

re

which control?

151 is no 92, mine is 0, 3 might also make it english, but with a decimal point not comma, or something...

Sorry I didn't include the control. It's a 150.

Changing para92 to 1 did change the comma to a point, but still German even after a reboot of the machine.

I seem to remember a screen prompt that allowed the user to change languages... but I can't read the prompts anymore???

Thanks
    Ron

It is a parameter but I need my control book at the office to figure which parameter it is. By the way, using a decimal point instead of a comma creates its own issues. Some canned cycles do not work because they expect the commas.

George
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

re

see, not 1, 0 or 3 or add 2 to err, something. the comma/decimal and language are handled by the same parameter,for some reason

A 2 did it. The book I have show that only 0 and 1 are valid inputs for parameter 92. But the control took the 2 and immeiately after hitting the DEL key everything returned to good ole english.

Thanks for your help.
    Ron

I also have an Interact 412 with the 151 control, & I have alaso lost the parameters.
    I have all of the parameters in a .txt file.
    Dies anyone know if there is a way of simply downloading them into the machine? Rather than typing them all in?

re

when it turns on, it will be asking for parameters

IIRC hit the ext key and you can download them via rs232
    connect the cable and fire up the computer software first

You will need to go through the MOD key and set up baud rate and the fact that you will be using RS232.

George

Thanks for the help, I wont have time to try for a couple of days. You may be hearing back from me by the end of the week

Quote Originally Posted by camarogod98 View Post
    That you for the parameters that you emailed me. I typed them in the control and she powered up just fine. I just wanted to start the control up to see if everthing worked correctly before i do a retro. Im going to sell all the electronics off of it to one of the guys on this forum...
    What control is on it? I might just be interested in that... is it a 151???