586,061 active members*
4,529 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > Can i load in Gcode(.tap) generated from other software to view simulation?

Question Can i load in Gcode(.tap) generated from other software to view simulation?

Can i load in Gcode files(.tap) generated from other software to view simulation in bobcad??

Re: Can i load in Gcode(.tap) generated from other software to view simulation?

Needs to an .nc format file, .tap is for Mach3.

i could just rename the extension?? So what is the process to load up and simulate?

Quote Originally Posted by airbrush View Post
    i could just rename the extension?? So what is the process to load up and simulate?
    I think you will have to save the file out as a .nc file, don`t know if you would get away with just trying to re-name the extension, worth a try

As for the process, sorry but I can`t help you there, need someone else to jump in here

I have always used my Predator Level 2 to backplot any G code I needed to check so never got around to trying out the Module Works simulation in BobCAD.

Regards
    Rob

there are some open source simulators you can load up gcode into....just wanted to know if bobcad can do this as well???

Hi all!

Can anyone point me in the direction of an open source simulator that works well? my bobcad simulator has not worked since I re-installed my program onto a different computer, and bobcad will not support version 22 anymore. Thank you in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by happynow View Post
    Can anyone point me in the direction of an open source simulator that works well?
    I'm reliably informed it doesn't support peck drilling but Camotics looks fairly promising,

- Nick

Quote Originally Posted by magicniner View Post
    I'm reliably informed it doesn't support peck drilling but Camotics looks fairly promising,

- Nick
    Thank you Nick! I will take a look at that one.

Thanks again John.