586,075 active members*
4,182 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Uncategorised MetalWorking Machines > Chinese XK7130 a complete experience Review!
Page 9 of 19 7891011

Re: Chinese XK7130 a complete experience Review!

It boils down to a few things for us. We design the PCBs to be a small form factor with a lot of board support. The case is usually the heatsink which supports the CPU and GPU with a spring on the reverse side of the board to keep it engaged. Plenty of mounting holes on the board. Internal cables are supported, etc, etc. Larger inductors, caps etc are glued to the PCB instead of just relying on the solder. That kind of thing. Upshot is that the casing can take a belting or a decent shakedown without an issue. These already fairly rugged units are then mounted (via quick release plates etc) to four shock mounts from these guys: Anti Vibration Mounts, shock mounts, vibration isolation products, isolators, anti shock, aircraft illuminated control panels This softens the ride and soothes out the vibration a little. Surprisingly, maybe, they're not soft - they don't move a lot in response to being pushed by hand.

Given that you already have a stock motherboard, and you've already mounted it to a separate plate, it's going to make the mounting more important. I like the idea of just hanging it free from a couple of bungees - two each corner would have it just floating. If you wanted something a little more secure, though, I'd think of maybe making (or buying, if you can find them) some 90 duro silicone rubber standoffs about 10mm x Ø6mm with embedded 3mm studs for the motherboard. If you're feeling lazy, might even be worth just buying the canoe clip style nylon standoffs instead of using metal ones - it should give you enough slack to dampen some of the buzz.

In all honesty the nylon standoff are probably about as far as I'd go myself. Motherboards are cheap, if it dies just get another

Hmmm. How long has CNCZone been adding VagLinks into text? It kinda sucks...

Quote Originally Posted by dharmic View Post
    It boils down to a few things for us. We design the PCBs to be a small form factor with a lot of board support. The case is usually the heatsink which supports the CPU and GPU with a spring on the reverse side of the board to keep it engaged. Plenty of mounting holes on the board. Internal cables are supported, etc, etc. Larger inductors, caps etc are glued to the PCB instead of just relying on the solder. That kind of thing. Upshot is that the casing can take a belting or a decent shakedown without an issue. These already fairly rugged units are then mounted (via quick release plates etc) to four shock mounts from these guys: Anti Vibration Mounts, shock mounts, vibration isolation products, isolators, anti shock, aircraft illuminated control panels This softens the ride and soothes out the vibration a little. Surprisingly, maybe, they're not soft - they don't move a lot in response to being pushed by hand.

Given that you already have a stock motherboard, and you've already mounted it to a separate plate, it's going to make the mounting more important. I like the idea of just hanging it free from a couple of bungees - two each corner would have it just floating. If you wanted something a little more secure, though, I'd think of maybe making (or buying, if you can find them) some 90 duro silicone rubber standoffs about 10mm x Ø6mm with embedded 3mm studs for the motherboard. If you're feeling lazy, might even be worth just buying the canoe clip style nylon standoffs instead of using metal ones - it should give you enough slack to dampen some of the buzz.

In all honesty the nylon standoff are probably about as far as I'd go myself. Motherboards are cheap, if it dies just get another
    What I ended up doing is switching to nylon standoffs as suggested and will be using 6 small sized ru her anti-vibration mounts as pictured below. I will also use a grommet through the back board the computer is mounted on and a shoulder bolt through the grommet and into the anti-vibration mount to give it two steps of isolation. Is that doesn't work I will go back to the drawing board. The enclosure is actually quite stiff and the panel itself is somewhat isolated by the pivot points which have Teflon swivel gaskets between the steel of the cabinet and enclosure. Hopefully this is enough!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Some more progress pictures from this afternoon's work.. I only had an hour or two this afternoon. Between paid work and working on the machine so not a whole lot but everyone seems to like pictures so here is go!!! Trimmed the back panel and the piano hinge, drilled and tapped umpteen holes, and mounted the hinge on one side and then welded the back panel to the hinge so I could maintain a flat underside for the lip to seal against when it's closed. That way none of the gaps in the piano hinge will allow coolant or dust as you guys got me paranoid about..lol

Ok,got a tiny bit more done today.. cutout the control cabinet face edges to fit the monitor..😎😎😎.

I think it's going to turn out nice and clean with the 21.5" Elo touch screen with PathPilot's interface on the screen!!

The mounting combo you've landed on should be heaps, and the rest of it is starting to take shape nicely. Keep up the good work!

The mounting combo you've landed on should be heaps, and the rest of it is starting to take shape nicely. Keep up the good work!
    Is heaps a good thing? Lol. Thanks!! Working on the panel and keyboard design now.. so many decisions.. I'll post up some solid models when I'm done to get some input!

Thanks all!!

Chris

Sent from my QTAIR7 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by lcvette View Post
    Is heaps a good thing? Lol.
    As in "plenty", "more than enough", etc

Chips yet?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by tbev View Post
    Chips yet?

Not yet, business got busy all of a sudden and I've been slammed..(good problem to have, I also discovered that the 5i25 m needs cards were wrong for the PC I am using so have exchanged it for the 6i25 which is PCI-e compatible.. Missed that on my initial parts research.

My AC line filters should be here in a day or two and I received my servo drive cables so I'm getting close. Been working on the control cabinet layout in my free minutes of spare time. Hopefully will get some time this week to get rolling on it again!

Chris

Sound good to me, I can't wait

Ok, so I spoke with my pathpilot guru and they gave me the greenlight to remove the HDD, DVD drives.. so I took the opportunity to redesign the layout and neaten everything up also now using all rubber isolators for all components for vibration damping.

That was a good step I feel everything looks so much cleaner than before and will be much easier routing and keeping wires safe and secured!

Chris,

What brand, make and model motherboard are you using?

Super clean layout, well done.

Jeff...

Ok, so I spoke with my pathpilot guru and they gave me the greenlight to remove the HDD, DVD drives.. so I took the opportunity to redesign the layout and neaten everything up also now using all rubber isolators for all components for vibration damping.

That was a good step I feel everything looks so much cleaner than before and will be much easier routing and keeping wires safe and secured!

Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish.

Very neat

Quote Originally Posted by jalessi View Post
    Chris,

What brand, make and model motherboard are you using?

Super clean layout, well done.

Jeff...
    It's an FM2+

Amd A55 Socket FM2+ DDR3 SATA2 USB2.0 Mb

Not sure about anything else on it..lol not a computer wiz

Anything specific you want pictures of perhaps?

Chris

Anything specific you want pictures of perhaps?
    Yes: this machine cutting swarf!

Yes: this machine cutting swarf!
    Me too..lol. Slowly but surely, hopefully I will finish getting this mounted up tomorrow and can start running cables and wires the rest of the week. I figure once everything is mounted it's just a matter of running the connections.

Then I still need to install the new proximity home switches and run the power wiring and then install the phase converter.. seems like alot still.. bit will get it finished one bite at a time!

Chris

Chris,

I was hoping you knew the brand name. As you are aware Pathpilot "LinuxCNC" is picky about certain motherboards.

Any additional information would be awesome.

Jeff...

Quote Originally Posted by jalessi View Post
    Chis,

I was hoping you knew the brand name. As you are aware Pathpilot "LinuxCNC" is picky about certain motherboards.

Any additional information would be awesome.

Jeff...
    I found this searching. It should be noted I have not tested this motherboard with path pilot. Is there a list of acceptable motherboards somewhere?

Chris,

Sorry I mispelled your name in several posts.

See attached link for a partial list of working motherboards:

LinuxCNC Documentation Wiki: Latency-Test

Jeff...

I found this searching. It should be noted I have not tested this motherboard with path pilot. Is there a list of acceptable motherboards somewhere?

Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish.

Page 9 of 19 7891011