586,071 active members*
3,567 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Cav Barfeeder A7 Alarm

I'm looking for advice on courses of action to try to correct the issues we have been having with our CAV bar feeder. We have had multiple service techs come out and the best they tell us is to edit the bar feeder Load % per job and set the bar feeder for each job(Or to just buy an edge bar feeder because the CAVs are not good).

I am not very informed on Citizens being that I am not the machinist running the machine but at this point I'm looking for any advice.

The alarms we are getting sometimes every 5 minutes sometimes once a day depending on the job

S03 Overload 1 0050 A7 $3
    EX315 Spindle speed exceeded at channel open
    EMG Emergency stop SRV

these all fire at the same second about 10 seconds before the machine alarms we receive

S52 Overload waring 00E1 A7 $3

Quote Originally Posted by Jdk412 View Post
    I'm looking for advice on courses of action to try to correct the issues we have been having with our CAV bar feeder. We have had multiple service techs come out and the best they tell us is to edit the bar feeder Load % per job and set the bar feeder for each job(Or to just buy an edge bar feeder because the CAVs are not good).

I am not very informed on Citizens being that I am not the machinist running the machine but at this point I'm looking for any advice.

The alarms we are getting sometimes every 5 minutes sometimes once a day depending on the job

S03 Overload 1 0050 A7 $3
    EX315 Spindle speed exceeded at channel open
    EMG Emergency stop SRV

these all fire at the same second about 10 seconds before the machine alarms we receive

S52 Overload waring 00E1 A7 $3
    The cav feedmotor couples with the z axis when the collet is closed. Your errors seem to point to an overload of this motor and the main spindle running too fast with the collet open. It could be your collet clamp signal is at fault, possible causing the barfeed motor to push when collet is closed, causing this motor to overload.

I would look at collet inputs around the time of bar feedout, in case timing is wrong causing faults. Use control scope function for inputs and outputs to look at the timings

Re: Cav Barfeeder A7 Alarm

Quote Originally Posted by servtech View Post
    The cav feedmotor couples with the z axis when the collet is closed. Your errors seem to point to an overload of this motor and the main spindle running too fast with the collet open. It could be your collet clamp signal is at fault, possible causing the barfeed motor to push when collet is closed, causing this motor to overload.

I would look at collet inputs around the time of bar feedout, in case timing is wrong causing faults. Use the control scope function for inputs and outputs to look at the timings
    When we are getting the alarms for the current part where we are not clamping or unclamping the collet.

Question for the Barfeeder torque percentage what is the safe range to play with that number we stay below 12% i dont know where they got that from?

If it helps we have an L32 with the CAV32-LE-IS