So the battery backup went out on my 2002 Akira Seiki V3 AXP mill and I had to re-enter all the parameters from the hard copy backup. A Mitsubishi tech came out to set the option parameters since I didn't have access to those. All is now well except for a weird problem with the side arm tool changer: When I type M6 Tnn to go to a new tool, the drum will rotate to the correct tool and the pot will drop then the machine just waits indefinitely. It doesn't alarm out, just sits there waiting for something. The only way to complete the tool change is to reset, then enter execute the M6 Tnn command again- this will make the tool change go one step further then it waits again. If I keep repeating this reset/go it will eventually complete the tool change then all is normal. I just found out I can also make it complete the change by hitting the MLK (machine lock) button to toggle machine lock on and off- Every time I do this the tool change advances one more step. We tried tool changer recovery and reinitialize with no results.

Mitsubishi hasn't come up with a reason for it and no reply from Akira. We used to have a program o9001 (or 9000 maybe) but that is gone now and we didn't have a backup. It seems like the tool change is all handled in the ladder side since it will step thru it kind of, but maybe we need the o9001 to complete this? Can someone with a similar Mitsubishi controlled side arm ATC machine post their program o9001?

Any other ideas?

Thanks for any suggestions!
Troy