586,123 active members*
3,324 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Laser Engraving and Cutting Machines > Laser Hardware > NEED HELP! Laser cutter not working properly!

Unhappy NEED HELP! Laser cutter not working properly!

I have a laser cutter from China OmniTechnologies 100W. Their service is so slow I was hoping maybe someone here could help me.
    I bought my laser 6 months ago and everything was fine until last Friday - my laser has been working maybe 100 hours but think its way less than that. I was engraving some work and all of a sudden some kind on a glitch happened and the machine continued to engrave but just in another place and when I pressed escape button it did not return in the starting point but in another place, like it had recalculated the space it had to engrave in. I stated a new work and the same thing happened. Then I turned off the machine and started it up again, but then it started to act like the axis was stuck and I stopped the work, when I pressed the escape button it never returned at the starting point but somewhere else. Then I tried to press the start button but it didnt start to engrave my previous work but it started to cut the work I've done before engraving. I turned off the machine and I went over all the wires, I noticed that the ground wire was loose. I attached it back and Today I turned on the laser and pressed the test button. I have filmed all the lights it shows in the controller. I dont understand anything about the lights it shows. I was hoping maybe someone could take a look and see what seems to be wrong?

Videos with the lights -
    Filemail.com - Testing laser

Videos with the machine working, and after pressing escape - Filemail.com - vidoes of laser machine

Re: NEED HELP! Laser cutter not working properly!

Quote Originally Posted by bday View Post
    I have a laser cutter from China OmniTechnologies 100W. Their service is so slow I was hoping maybe someone here could help me.
    I bought my laser 6 months ago and everything was fine until last Friday - my laser has been working maybe 100 hours but think its way less than that. I was engraving some work and all of a sudden some kind on a glitch happened and the machine continued to engrave but just in another place and when I pressed escape button it did not return in the starting point but in another place, like it had recalculated the space it had to engrave in. I stated a new work and the same thing happened. Then I turned off the machine and started it up again, but then it started to act like the axis was stuck and I stopped the work, when I pressed the escape button it never returned at the starting point but somewhere else. Then I tried to press the start button but it didnt start to engrave my previous work but it started to cut the work I've done before engraving. I turned off the machine and I went over all the wires, I noticed that the ground wire was loose. I attached it back and Today I turned on the laser and pressed the test button. I have filmed all the lights it shows in the controller. I dont understand anything about the lights it shows. I was hoping maybe someone could take a look and see what seems to be wrong?

Videos with the lights -
    Filemail.com - Testing laser

Videos with the machine working, and after pressing escape - Filemail.com - vidoes of laser machine
    Hi there
    Can you confirm what model version the controller is ,and what led lights are solid / blinking, I could not make out much from the posted videos,