586,080 active members*
3,572 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Minertia Ugfmed

Hi there,

Can anyone tell me what the encoder wire connections should be. I looked on the yakawa site and could not find the specific motor with the color of wires.

Black
    Blue
    Orange
    White
    Brown
    Purple

I want to use it to drive my leadscrew for normal turning so that I do not have to change the gears, I want to put a normal PWM controller on it but have a LCD screen readout for the speed and maybe the distance. Is this feasible? Or should I put a stepper motor on it?

I'm going to be using those motors with Larken Viper drives. Ordered them last week. The guy at Larken said they work great with his drive. He said the powersupply should be about 30 volts for that motor. The encoder is 1000 lines I think.

http://www.larkencnc.com/viper/index.shtml

Thanks ,

I will drop them an email.

Regards

Nic

The encoders on my Minertia motors are 2000 lines or 8000 in quadrature.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ype=osi_widget

They run good on my controller with viper drives. Very powerful little motors

Hi there,

I had a look again last night. The power cables seem to be the purple and the brown(The wires accross the capacitor) wires but I could not get any response on my scope from the decoder. Maybe it is broken or I had the wiring wrongly.

Regards

Nic

To find the power wires for the encoder, remove the cap to expose the pcb. Find a IC and usually the top right pin is +5V and the bottom left is Gnd
    Use a meter (in condinuity mode) to find which of the output wire connects to these pins on the chip. Once you find these, apply +5V power and use a scope to look for the pulses from the encoder as you turn it.

Hi there,

Thanks, this sounds more defintite. I will try tonight and give feedback.

Regards

Nic