586,104 active members*
3,353 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Haas Machines > Haas Mills > Hass Door Latch Switchs on TM-3P 2014/15 mdel machine.

Hass Door Latch Switchs on TM-3P 2014/15 mdel machine.

I've been around machines all my life. 60 years old.... I'm the owner, single employee, operator, janitor, book keeper of my own little business.

I have a new Hass TM-3P machine, and I have a problem! Warranty's out, and I want to disable the door switches. I don't give a darn about the safety reasons, but I want the door switches disabled.

Today, I want to put threading oil on a little problem job and I cant get to it while running the program with the doors closed. The coolant just doesn't cut it in this instance.

I can remove the keys off the doors and put them in the door safety switches like so many have done, but the problem with doing that the machine won't let me remove the tool holders manually for setup. It thinks the doors are closed and I shouldn't have access to the tool release button....

There has to be a work-around, some way some how....

Maybe on the I/O board one way or another.

Does anybody have an idea on how to work around the safety switches? If there's a will there's a way!

Thanks for the help.

contact me direct if you don't want people to know that you know...... [email protected] 225-926-9562

Re: Hass Door Latch Switchs on TM-3P 2014/15 mdel machine.

Mine are removed and in the locks all the time. Since about 3 weeks after the TM arived. I think the key locations allow/lock that feature. I'll go take a pic of my keys

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by WOTDesigns View Post
    Mine are removed and in the locks all the time. Since about 3 weeks after the TM arived. I think the key locations allow/lock that feature. I'll go take a pic of my keys

Meaning that they aren't all the way pushed into the door safety switch or something... What year model you have....?

thanks for the reply.

Aj

Push button on the column works, but I disabled the one on the control panel that only works if doors are open.

2014 TM2P. they are pushed all the way in. Have to have the keys unlocked or it won't do certain things with doors open/closed. In two years the only time I have had to pull them out of the receiver was when I had the cover off adjusting the belt and had to use the button on the control panel. Just reached up and pulled them both out and it was fine put them back in as soon as I was done

Today I cut hinge reliefs on both sides of 1200 aluminum parts. Goes in one soft jaw gets cut pulled out put in another soft job cuts the other side while it's Machining the first side back and forth back and forth while I watch Netflix as I load. Couldn't pull off 1200 times of opening and closing the door in a day much less actual machined parts period cycle time is only 7 seconds per side

You and I are in the same boat. Actually had "Owner/Janitor" on my business card for a while

I don't know about the locks on the controller.... I'll have to check that out tomorrow and report back to you on what I found out..

Thank you for the replies and the time.

aj

It seems that my controller software and machine setup is a little different than yours. My key switches on the controller were already unlocked like yours and when I install both door keys in the safety switches it will not let the tool release button work. It comes up on the controller and says "doors are closed".... So my machine may be a little newer than yours. Just guessing...

I did do as another user suggested. I removed the door key on one door only and installed it in the safety switch. Now all I have to do is bump open the other door to activate the tool release button.

Seems to be a good work around for now. Easy enough..... Simple, never would of thought of that. The simple stuff is the hardest for me sometimes....!

Thanks for the help and suggestions.

aj