586,119 active members*
3,596 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Spindles / VFD > problem setting up my VFD

problem setting up my VFD

Hello,
    I have recently bought a 2 spindle kits the first one blew both the inverter and the spindle and now the new one will only move a single turn.
    I have a koninson spindle motor 80mm 2.2kw water cooled kit & a 3hp 10A 220V single phase variable speed drive VSD drive inverter.
    No instructions came with any of it. I have tried to contact the seller but all I get is "WE ONLY SELL, WE NOT KNOW HOW TO WIRE OR PROGRAM" ..... It has been very frustration but have got it wired correctly now. But now I need to know how to program the VFD to get this thing running.

Thank you for any help
    Don

Re: problem setting up my VFD

Quote Originally Posted by krazyrabbit View Post
    Hello,
    I have recently bought a 2 spindle kits the first one blew both the inverter and the spindle and now the new one will only move a single turn.
    I have a koninson spindle motor 80mm 2.2kw water cooled kit & a 3hp 10A 220V single phase variable speed drive VSD drive inverter.
    No instructions came with any of it. I have tried to contact the seller but all I get is "WE ONLY SELL, WE NOT KNOW HOW TO WIRE OR PROGRAM" ..... It has been very frustration but have got it wired correctly now. But now I need to know how to program the VFD to get this thing running.

Thank you for any help
    Don
    Did you try to google for the manual? If the first one blew up, why buy a second similar one? Don't understand that logic, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by A_Camera View Post
    the first one blew up, why buy a second similar one? Don't understand that logic, sorry.
    Keep trying till you get it right?

AND with no help from the seller?
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Quote Originally Posted by Al_The_Man View Post
    Keep trying till you get it right?

AND with no help from the seller?
    Al.
    Without manual and no support chances are basically zero to make it working. But... history keeps repeating itself... people are buying the cheap crap, blowing them up and continue buying the cheap crap like if the next one would be better or different. This forum is full of similar stories regarding every kind of items.

Quote Originally Posted by krazyrabbit View Post
    Hello,

Thank you for any help
    Don
    Just tell me the name of the inverter and I will get you running without smoking it, but don't put power to it until I have walked you through everything you have to do
    Mactec54

Without the manual may take a little longer :stickpoke

BTW, I think that should be Kroninson?
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

I've got kinda the same problem.
    I am retrofitting a Gerber router with Gecko drives and UC300 controller to run with UCCNC.
    I'm using the stock VFD setup with a P5 General Purpose AC drive by IDM controls and the manual is here: https://manualzz.com/doc/7291098/p5--inverter-manual
    I've read this manual again and again but cannot make enough sense of the information to diagnose my problem.

When activating the spindle in UCCNC the UC300ETH will put out a PWM 0-10V signal which the VFD is reading and will display as a frequency reference which goes up & down in relation to spindle speed as it should. But the spindle itself doesn't start to spin until the voltage reaches 5v it will turn at about 100RPM up to 10V when it turns at about 200RPM.
    The after about 30-60 seconds the overload circuit will trip to protect it from burning out.
    I can't understand what is happening well enough to figure it out. Could someone help me with some advice?
    This is the first time I've ever built a custom servo control CNC system. I've been reading each of the manuals again and again hoping to somehow understand what's happening well enough to diagnose it but I think I need some help.

I had a lot of trouble setting up the VFD since its a unique model seemingly indistinguishable to the manufacturer. So I was working with cryptic info about the wrong machine. Once I got the right manual and correct specs for my drive things started to get easier but the last obstacle was finding a bad connection in my wiring harness. With a direct connection between the VFD and UB1 everything works as expected.