I have been looking to get a fiber laser cutter, talked with a few places that claim to sell them... however, they actually only seem to mark up the price and import them from china once you have already paid them. However, I haven't talked to anyone that actually has any hands on experience with them, or has one in stock to try out. I am located in Minnesota, but would be willing to travel anywhere in the continental US to get a good hands on feel for what a fiber laser could do for me. I currently run a plasma table, and am spending a fairly significant amount of time cleaning dross and filing leadins and drilling out holes before powder coating. It would also be nice to pick up some small job shop type of work, to keep the laser running during the day. I typically only run the plasma table about half of the day and don't try for any extra work as I am already as busy as I care to be. However, with the time saved from all the extra stuff involved with plasma cutting, I would think that I could really make the laser pay for itself.

Is there anyone that sells a 500 watt fiber laser that has one available to test out in there showroom or has sold one to a shop that would allow me to stop in for an hour to get a chance to see one in action, create some toolpaths and cut a part?

Any help or guidance here would be great.