586,096 active members*
3,630 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Screen editor

I trying to edit the RUN screen to remove the A, B and C axis label background, I can select and delete the HOME and ZERO buttons and the DRO display 00000 but I can't seem to be able to select the background to delete it to allow me to use the vacant space for something else. Is there a hidden KEY combination to select & delete backgrounds?
    Bob

Re: Screen editor

All images are in the Flashscreen folder of the UCCNC. To edit them you can use a drawing program like Paint.

As Olf suggested the background image is just that a picture file. You have to find the background image in the BMP directory and edit it directly with a program like PAINT. Then you save it back to the same directory . THEN when you reload UCcnc it will use the newly edit version for display.

(;-) TP

Thanks guys, I'll give it a try. Bob

This is the screenset I made using the screen editor and paint.net. Paint.net is a free program. Attachment 325750 There is a learning curve for UCCNC screen editor.

CT63, nice screen, that's basically what I want to do by getting rid of unwanted features.

UCCNC should offer a 3 axis screenset as well as the 6 axis one. I removed all the functions I don't need especially the "zero all" button that I accidentally hit more than once, and moved the tool change functions and probing to the "run" screen. Then added machine coordinates displays. The default screenset is too cluttered and didn't like the gray button label colors. The buttons pictures can be downloaded off the internet... use PNG format and then can be edited in the paint.net program. The UCCNC screen edit function take some time to learn. Don't make or save screenset changes to the default screen.... create a new screenset file and profile.

Here is a Plasma screen I just worked on .Simple 3 axis with function buttons for plasma . It also has an Alert Bar to notify teh OP of warning generated for the plasma process such as Low air, Consumables (electrodes and nozzle) have exceeeded the MAX uses. There is also a pierce counter and Cut Units. Teh cut units track teh ON time for the torch for EACH segment of teh cut. You can also use that function to track wear on a router tool. Each time it gets TIME then apply it to the tool# you are running (;-). We just need a real tool table to post it to.

(;-) TP
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Plasma_Uc400#3.jpg   Plasma_UC400#2.jpg   Plasma_UC400#1.jpg  

Looks good TP, thought CNC motion were to issue an update this week just gone, presume that they are trying to cram more into it?

Here is a simple 4th axis screenset for router.

OOPS I forgot something here is the update.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Router_4axis.jpg   Router_4thaxis.jpg