586,100 active members*
2,595 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Fanuc power supply A06B-6087-H126

Fanuc power supply A06B-6087-H126

I was wiring in a Clausing Storm 200A cnc lathe to a phase converter. I made the amateur mistake of putting the L3 leg (wild leg) in the wrong location. As you might have guessed powering up the machine the first time took out the power supply A06B-6087-H126. Fanuc gets a flat rate fee just over $3800 to repair it. Knowing how the problem happened and after talking to a few people I have to believe the issue with the power supply could be easily trouble shot and I could do the repair. The problem is I have searched near and far looking for a person who understands things like this and/or a location to buy the circuit diagrams but have had no luck. Is there anyone here that can help me?
    Another thing I thought of was to buy a replacement off of Ebay because I could save a ton of money buying through Ebay. Am I just looking for more problems if I bought a new one off of Ebay?

Some one please save me from the greedy folks at Fanuc!!!

Re: Fanuc power supply A06B-6087-H126

Hi
    I can try to repair it but before that can you send me the picture of that PSM.

Regards
    DEEPAK
    +91 9222018538
    +91 8149636586
    [email protected] [email protected]

Hi
    I am from India so if you want to repair it then you have to send it to me or if you are interested in new one, I will give you my lowest quote by tomorrow.
    Don't go with eBay coz there is no guarantee of working conditions.

Regards
    DEEPAK

Thanks for the offer but I'm quite certain there is a facility here in the states that can do the same with less time involved. But if you could point out the subcomponents that could be bad as a result of the power surge then that would be of huge help. I could inspect those items and possibly replace them at a mere fraction of the cost that Fanuc gets. I was AMAZED that they get the kind of money that they do for a repair. WOW!! Hey Fanuc...no need to price gouge us little guys! A guy has a hard enough time getting out of the gate to get your business up and going. What a kick in the ole ball sack this has been. Are other CNC types just as expensive to repair? This might be the 1st and last Fanuc control I ever own.

Come on guys there has to be someone on this site that can help me out.....

Take the numbers from power supply and search ebay
    There are few sources there that not only dealing with second hand parts but you can find that they specialize in repair of the boards and Fanuc stuff.
    If so than contact them and make sure they have tested the unit and guarantee the faunctionality of it before shipping.
    I have not found the cheaper source for parts than that.
    And risk is pretty minimal.
    I wired USB unit to my Fanuc Oi MC and fried one of the boards
    That was 2800 bill from Fanuc service guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Ebay route is very temping at this point but still a little leary I guess I can see your point about risk if the Ebay seller is offering a warranty. Does anyone have a seller they have bought power supplies from before that they could refer me to?

Well if you can see their store listing and they have a website and phone numbers to call. I don't think it gets any better. Call in ask whatever you are concerned about and go with your gut feeling.
    Or call Fanuc, thay will come over and change it for you.
    Regards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We fix things like that all the time over here. I know you posted all the info on the thread but if you can email it to me, I can get it to my parts guy and we can go from there. We do an 18 month warranty on all our repairs. My email is [email protected]. Here's out website if you want to learn more about us. Industrial Electronic Repair & Servo Motor Repair | International Electronic Solutions
    We fix it all! Give us a call at 855-437-3497.