586,082 active members*
3,772 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

override limits not working

Hi there, Just moved a machine and re connected uc400 to bob. And now if i hit a limit the limit registers in diagnostics and led remains lit, Uccnc goes into reset mode however now the override limit button wont activate. Any ideas. Thanks

Re: override limits not working

I have version 1.2020 installed and just checked and limits override is really not working with my UC400.
    I also checked it with my UC100 and with that it works.
    I will send a bug report now about this to cncdrives.

Quote Originally Posted by OlfCNC View Post
    I have version 1.2020 installed and just checked and limits override is really not working with my UC400.
    I also checked it with my UC100 and with that it works.
    I will send a bug report now about this to cncdrives.
    Yes it seems to be intermittent, However i just undone the input terminals on the bob and reinserted and its now working okay, but on occasion taking a couple of clicks. The fix suggested loose connection but now working intermittently i tried shorting the pins directly at the uc400 and same problem which suggests its a software issue to me.

Next i will try setting a limit as an unused input pin and making active high so as by default its triggered and see if has the same effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon.N.CNC View Post
    Yes it seems to be intermittent, However i just undone the input terminals on the bob and reinserted and its now working okay, but on occasion taking a couple of clicks. The fix suggested loose connection but now working intermittently i tried shorting the pins directly at the uc400 and same problem which suggests its a software issue to me.

Next i will try setting a limit as an unused input pin and making active high so as by default its triggered and see if has the same effect.
    Nope it works fine. do you run your switches NO or NC olf? This suggests it prefers NO and not NC (my settings were already active high so it was infact an active low that i changed in the test)

Was active low.
    You are right, its OK with active high setting.
    With UC100 its OK both ways, but with UC400 only with active high.
    I reported this issue to the developers.

I got en email that they fixed the override limit issue. The new download is on the cncdrive website.

I got en email that they fixed the override limit issue. The new download is on the cncdrive website.
    Okay, maybe a card/driver issue. I have latest version

Jon, I think you missunderstood me. I ment they confirmed the issue and released a fix today which is now on the cncdrive website.

Jon, I think you missunderstood me. I ment they confirmed the issue and released a fix today which is now on the cncdrive website.
    Ahh i see. How convenient haha

This mean i need to re enter all my profile settings from scratch again. I hope not.But thanks for submitting error report. Really like how fast they are to correct issues.

This mean i need to re enter all my profile settings from scratch again. I hope not.But thanks for submitting error report. Really like how fast they are to correct issues.
    Why would you need to do that?
    If you running different than the default profile then nothing will happen to your datas. I'm running my own profiles and they were never bothered by the installers.
    If you running the default profile then you have to remove the check from the overwrite bla bla check box in the installer and then it will not overwrite your datas, otherwise it will.

I'm not sure about the screenset if it gets overwritten or not. if you have your own screenset created then I think it is a good idea to make a backup of that file and the images before installation, because maybe those are overwritten, IDK.

Why would you need to do that?
    If you running different than the default profile then nothing will happen to your datas. I'm running my own profiles and they were never bothered by the installers.
    If you running the default profile then you have to remove the check from the overwrite bla bla check box in the installer and then it will not overwrite your datas, otherwise it will.

I'm not sure about the screenset if it gets overwritten or not. if you have your own screenset created then I think it is a good idea to make a backup of that file and the images before installation, because maybe those are overwritten, IDK.
    Yeah of course if forgot about that overwrite check box. Cheers.