586,102 active members*
2,543 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machinery Manual, Brochure / Photo Archives > Machinery Manuals / Brochures > Looking for a manual for Technifor CN101 standalone micro percussion marking machine.

Looking for a manual for Technifor CN101 standalone micro percussion marking machine.

Looks like a 2-axis CNC machine with an air powered stylus, the whole works of it can move up and down a tall column with a hand crank. Plug it in, flip the power switch and the LCD lights up with some icons.

Technifor is still in business but if they have any info on this older machine it's either hidden or has been deleted from their website, no info there on any of their discontinued products.

Yup, yet another piece of equipment Google and friends tries to "help" the searcher with by altering the model searched for from CN101 (it's printed big and bold right on the front of the machine's plastic housing, so yes, that is the model) to some more recent or current Tecnhifor model. Especially "helpful" is Yahoo coming up with a link to a Word DOC file for a CN-112 Home PNA to Ethernet adaptor with the link text proclaiming it to be a manual for the Technifor CN101! Lying to me bold as brass, the @#@%s.

Re: Looking for a manual for Technifor CN101 standalone micro percussion marking mach

Technifor sent me PDF manuals, which they don't have on their website - but so far they won't tel me anything about software or what kind of keyboard it uses. The keyboard port is not a Mini DIN PS/2 style, doesn't look quite like the old large DIN PC/AT style either but I haven't tried plugging one in.

Looked through the PDF I got and there's not one thing about how to use the machine standalone with just the keyboard. So not helpful...

The manual says "The PC type keyboard (6) plug is on the side." and there's a small corner of a keyboard visible in the photo, labled as being 105 keys. PC type... if they were still using the olde PC-PC/XT style kyeboards as late as 2003, sheesh. IT's before February 2004 because it has a cast iron instead of aluminum table.

I found a German site selling the T101W Windows software for $900 Euro. Ouch. And it comes with choice of USB or parallel dongle. WTH? It's single purpose software that only works with these specialized machines, not like someone is going to install a dozen copies when they only have one machine.