586,082 active members*
3,735 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Uccnc - trial for uc100 + mach3 setup

Someone has a uc100 running mach3, I mentioned he should have a go with uccnc as a free trail (like I presumed mach3 worked and was limited on functions and lines etc)

Seems it will only run in demo mode....

Ive told him to email them and see if they offer a short term trial key licence...

Does anyone know if this exists?

Seems like it would be a good feature to try before you buy and if you have mach3 running (but maybe not happy with something).... just import the XML and ask for a short term (one time only maybe ) trail?

Rob
    (Note I have a uc400eth + licence, someone asked me and I think I gave them poor advice, thinking "demo" was the same as what it is in mach3/4 + sheetcam)

Re: Uccnc - trial for uc100 + mach3 setup

Really? The license is only $60... not huge money for a product that actually works. Unlike a $200 copy of half developed Mach 4 that is difficult to install and setup, problematic and functions don't work yet like user CV control. It's probably not worth it to CNCdrives to go through the hassle to offer a gcode line or time limited demo product.

The problem is that you end up with thousands of people using cracked copies of the demos.
    The Mach4 demo is far more restrictive than Mach3, because of this.
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Thought I'd ask gents, Ili know for the future when I recommend for someone to trial it

Quote Originally Posted by robertspark View Post
    Someone has a uc100 running mach3, I mentioned he should have a go with uccnc as a free trail (like I presumed mach3 worked and was limited on functions and lines etc)

Seems it will only run in demo mode....

Ive told him to email them and see if they offer a short term trial key licence...

Does anyone know if this exists?

Seems like it would be a good feature to try before you buy and if you have mach3 running (but maybe not happy with something).... just import the XML and ask for a short term (one time only maybe ) trail?

Rob
    (Note I have a uc400eth + licence, someone asked me and I think I gave them poor advice, thinking "demo" was the same as what it is in mach3/4 + sheetcam)
    If you have a UC100 then you are ready to choose which software you want to run with it, it runs with Mach3 or the UNCNC software, in demo with any software it's not going to give you full control, most of run and try have gone, because of Hacks
    Mactec54