586,103 active members*
3,771 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: cts

cts

morning folks. can anyone give me any information on the pressure switche used with the coolant through system? i believe the pressure is set too high and drawing too much coolant when the return pump runs to fill up the thru tanks tripping the "coolant too high"float sensor causing a feed hold alarm. the pressure should be at 5psi. it is reading 9.5 when the pump comes on. I'm going to try to adjust that and see what that does. the pressure switch has 2 modes it can be set to. non reverse output mode and reverse output mode. while trying to reset the pressure this may have got adjusted accidentally. that would be because i do not have the right manual for the switch. does anyone know what mode it is to be set to? i can change it back to factory setting and try that. that might be where it was originally anyway. as of now I'm not sure what mode it is in. the switch is an SMC digital press switch. #ISE50-T2-22L. i have the manual for the cts milltronics supplies and everything has been followed in there. this was all working fine until the coolant got low and i was trying to adjust the levels of coolant. the float switches can be touchy. there are 3 float switches. i really think the settings on the pressure switch is the problem. also is there a way to not use the cts system, or turn it off without having the electrical dummy plugs in place? thanx folks.

Re: cts

Maybe this will help
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 06018073 CTS Schematic.pdf   CTS operation manual rev1.33.pdf  

Re: cts

thank you for the reply. i will look at this manual and compare to what i have. i might have narrowed it down to the interface which i change because the CTS, was down and the auger was not function with m code or front panel. the techs at milltronics helped with this. after i put in the interface it fixed 2 of the 3 problems. the wash down still not functioning but will turn on when the auger is turned on. the return pump to the CTS pump will run while the flood coolant is running and doesn't want to shut off and this fills up the CTS tank and trips the flood tank float sensor being too low or the CTS tanks too high. i don't think the return pump is on a timer or should it be coming on at all during flood coolant. there is a parameter for the timer when the CTS is used and i adjusted it to come on less to keep from draining the flood tank as quick and tripping the float switch. this has made the situation a bit worse. i can run the machine with CTS but not with the flood coolant. i do more with flood right now. i am going to install the old interface and see if that return pump comes on during flood coolant. it may not considering the original interface would not activate the CTS because its damaged so that control group may prove nothing. could the new interface be wired differently and be the problem considering the wash down still will not come on except when the auger is on? i can't remember if the return pump came on during flood before the original interface when out. all the floats are working. i was able to test those on the diagnostics page using the markers. thanx