586,103 active members*
3,746 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > BobCAD Dupped me and no refund
Page 1 of 4 123

BobCAD Dupped me and no refund

I am new to the CAM world and have some cheapy Chinese CNC machine that is horrible and don't like the software either. I got a random call from BobCAD sales and got me into buying this program for over $1000 that would solve all my CNC problems. Shortly after I finally received the software I got around to using the demo and noticed that I could not get it to move my machine. I talked with tech support and they backed up my suspicions and sent an email. Once I started the refund claim I was getting the run around that it would take 3 or 4 days. Well I sent a follow up email after that timeline passed then days later I got another email saying these things take time. Yesterday I got the denial for a refund. I feel I have been suckered in to this ad there is no way out. I wish I had never even heard the BobCAD name. They have horrible customer service and do not follow their CORE VALUES on their website. They have no aesthetics what so ever. I have a complete report and timeline if anyone is interested. I don't want to see others taken, especially if they are new with such little cash they can only afford Chinese machines.

:drowning:

Thanks for reading and hope this can help someone...I am at a lose...

Quote Originally Posted by Tech1AZ View Post
    I am new to the CAM world and have some cheapy Chinese CNC machine that is horrible and don't like the software either. I got a random call from BobCAD sales and got me into buying this program for over $1000 that would solve all my CNC problems. Shortly after I finally received the software I got around to using the demo and noticed that I could not get it to move my machine. I talked with tech support and they backed up my suspicions and sent an email. Once I started the refund claim I was getting the run around that it would take 3 or 4 days. Well I sent a follow up email after that timeline passed then days later I got another email saying these things take time. Yesterday I got the denial for a refund. I feel I have been suckered in to this ad there is no way out. I wish I had never even heard the BobCAD name. They have horrible customer service and do not follow their CORE VALUES on their website. They have no aesthetics what so ever. I have a complete report and timeline if anyone is interested. I don't want to see others taken, especially if they are new with such little cash they can only afford Chinese machines.

:drowning:

Thanks for reading and hope this can help someone...I am at a lose...

What's their website ?

Re: BobCAD Dupped me and no refund

Did you pay with a credit card file a claim with them and get your money back

Quote Originally Posted by fixtureman1 View Post
    Did you pay with a credit card file a claim with them and get your money back
    Absolutely not, they claimed their superiority and denied me anything. I did write my credit union, and the BBB in Florida who has provided me with the tools fight this "cheap shot of a stunt to make a quick buck" I will post their reply: Before I do, I have to say that I have to type a single letter every 3 seconds or my words don't come out right on this text blog.

Here was my last email to them as of yesterday evening.:

That istoo bad. I bought something I can’t use and regardless, I am refused a refundeven though I have talked with your tech support team, never registered or usedany of your training resources.

Well Ihave already shipped back your product because it is not anything that I canuse.

I am sorryto have any dealings with this company.

Thanks fornothing.

2nd to last of my reply:

I understand that these things needtime but, BobCAD has had more than enough time. I did not submit this requesttoday, but following up from my last request.

Following my original refund request, I was sent another email stating “I wouldhave an answer within 3~4 days”, and never heard a peep from anyone. Ihad to trigger the wake up call myself.

I have already talked with tech support, who copied me with an email to back upmy request and was told that ”my purchased BobCAD product will not work withthe PLC boards I use”. The PLC boards that I use was information I hadshared with sales to see if this was a product that would work for me and mymachines.

I need to get the ball rolling and get this situationrectified. This is not a small sum of money to me and the return policy is nulland void if you sum up all documented conversation, emails, technical support,proposal and how they all differ from the sent invoice.

I understand that this is not a standard procedure, but thisneeds to be handled in an expedited manner.

Please embrace your core values below.

BobCAD-CAM’sCompany Core Values:

Its OurJob To

S E R V E

SupportFanatically

Excitement & Passionin All We Do

Remember To PutOur Customers First

Value our Roles &Lead with Integrity

Embrace Change

Here is the denial of a refund from BobCAD:

Dear Mr.(XXXXXXX)

We regret to inform you that your recent request for a refund has been denied. After reviewing your request we were able to determine that you do not qualify for a refund based on BobCAD-CAM's Refund Policy. You were told of and agreed to the parameters of BobCAD-CAM's Refund Policy during the verification of your order. Upon installation and registration of each license of the software, you also agreed to the End User License Agreement, which contains our Refund Policy.

On March 09, 2016 you submitted a request for refund for V28 software stating the software is not going to work with the micro controllers you use in your shop. Per our Refund Policy, "If the BobCAD-CAM software fails to perform an advertised function, you shall be eligible for a refund. In this case BobCAD-CAM’s software is not the reasoning behind your request and our software functions well. After listening to the recorded calls you never inquired about BobCad being control software. You were given a live demo on 5/27/16 at 2:30pm which allowed you the opportunity to see how the software functions. After looking over your request, we were able to determine you will need to purchase Mach in order to do the function you would like. We would be happy to speak with you in regards to that as well.

(My live demo of approximately two minutes and "Whallah, just like magic! I have now been shown cool fast tricks on how it controls my machine virtualy and now I am competent and seasoned.) But, I find out later it does not control anything.!!!

It is stated in our Refund Policy, "BobCAD-CAM offers a free demo on our website for all products sold to allow prospective and existing customers the opportunity to test the software risk free before the time of purchase. It is the responsibility of the consumer to ensure the software fits their specific machining needs before the software is purchased.

Our refund policy is very specific in stating that to qualify for a refund; 1) The technician you work with must be able to determine that the BobCAD-CAM software you purchased will NOT generate standard ISO G-Codes for your CNC machine control; or 2) The technician you work with must be able to determine that BobCAD-CAM software you purchased did not provide and advertised function on our official web site at the time of purchase. It also states that, "If, after the time of purchase you decide to sell your machine or you are no longer going to utilize the BobCAD-CAM software, you may not return the software. BobCAD-CAM will not accept returns on this basis." Furthermore, it states that BobCAD-CAM does not offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee.

Our technicians are here to assist you with any issues or questions you have regarding the software. As with any new technology, the software has a learning curve, you may need some training to become proficient in using it. We offer many different training options, the most convenient of which is the Online Training, which is one-on-one training with you and a technician through the computer. We would be happy to work out an affordable price in this regard.

Thank you for contacting BobCAD-CAM's Customer Service Department in this matter. I have attached a copy of our End User License Agreement. If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us at 877-262-2231.

Thank You

Refund Department

I would contact aldepoalo on this forum he is with Bobcad. He said that Bobcad is getting better but I still see many problems like yours. I just wish people would read the reviews before sending off money to such a crooked company.

What kind of cnc did you buy that can't read the g code that bobcad posts . The code that bobcad puts out is pretty straight forward and if that code isn't going to work on your cnc then chances are that you won't find a cam program to work with your cnc
    A poet knows no boundary yet he is bound to the boundaries of ones own mind !! ........

So you have a hobbiest level China machine that doesn't work right out of the box and probably just needs of some DIY tinkering to get it going but you are mad at BobCAD's software? A number of people on this forum use it successfully on low buck to very expensive machining centers everyday.

<invective sarcasm> I'm so mad that Microsoft Windows won't 3D print to my microwave. </invective sarcasm>

Yeah a few words really Popped out that explains it all

"I am New"

"CHINESE"

"Low Budget"

Did not "Demo" "Yourself" before buying

And finally,,,,It sounds like a controller problem,,,,,,maybe Mach could help,,,maybe not,,,Derstap has it right,,,,if it reads G-Code,,,Bob can make it right

Question ? Just how cheap and crappy is this machine you speak of ???

Maybe a letter to China will get you results ?

You are going to be disappointed to find out that cad/cam software is NOT control software. I am not aware of any that are.

Just go ahead and purchase mach3 and get to work.

I would contact aldepoalo on this forum he is with Bobcad. He said that Bobcad is getting better but I still see many problems like yours. I just wish people would read the reviews before sending off money to such a crooked company.
    Can you point to the cam software that will control his machine? You know, since your jumping in here to join in.

Quote Originally Posted by BurrMan View Post
    Can you point to the cam software that will control his machine? You know, since your jumping in here to join in.

I have always valued Fixturemans comments (((sarcasm yes)))

Quote Originally Posted by jrmach View Post
    I have always valued Fixturemans comments (((sarcasm yes)))
    There is definitely a lack of understanding of whats being discussed.

He said he would like a refund because it won't work with his machine. How simple is that or maybe Burrman can't get the concept.

It's not clear what exactly the OP's problem really is. Does the machine move at all? If not, it's unfair to blame the CAM program for that. Does it jog and execute MDI commands but won't run the G-code that BobCAD generates? In that case it might be a problem with BobCAD's post-processor. What is the control system on the machine - WinCNC? Are there any example files that are known to run on that platform that the OP can try out on his machine?
    Andrew Werby
    Website

He said he would like a refund because it won't work with his machine. How simple is that or maybe Burrman can't get the concept.
    Actually he said it wont RUN his machine. And if you actually read it, the issue is layed out pretty clear.

Comprehension is the first step.

Sounds like OP wasn't aware that you need several pieces of software to run the machine - CAD/CAM to generate modes and code, as well as control software to read the code and command the machine to move.

From the support email: "After looking over your request, we were able to determine you will need to purchase Mach in order to do the function you would like."

They are referring to Mach3 control software, (www.machsupport.com)

OP - i suggest you go download a Mach3 demo then get back in touch with BOBCad to help with setup, it sounds to me like they are willing to help

Quote Originally Posted by awerby View Post
    What is the control system on the machine ?
    The control system is currently "BobCad"! lol

Not "it won`t work with his machine", what he says is it "won`t work his machine", a world of difference and and a world of pain is what I see here

He apparently thought wrongly that BobCAD would actually control his machine, big mistake on his part, not a BobCAD issue. I suspect that seeing the simulation he did think that BobCAD was controlling a machine when it was in fact just animated graphics

He is not the first and he won`t be the last to go steaming off on a tangent thinking that a CAD-CAM software will actually control a CNC machine, even a low budget poor quality Chinese one

Regards
    Rob
    :rainfro: :rainfro: :rainfro:

Quote Originally Posted by The Engine Guy View Post
    Not "it won`t work with his machine", what he says is it "won`t work his machine", a world of difference and and a world of pain is what I see here

He apparently thought wrongly that BobCAD would actually control his machine, big mistake on his part, not a BobCAD issue.
    I would like to see the op figure this part out and get going rather than be mislead by someone and costing him un need money.

Page 1 of 4 123