586,113 active members*
3,582 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > BobCAD Dupped me and no refund
Page 3 of 4 1234

Re: BobCAD Dupped me and no refund

If you've been unhappy with Bob-Cad then if your planning on using the TB6560 based controller your in for a whole new world of unhappiness! These boards are pure garbage, plain and simple. An extremely small percentage of the people who have them claim they work "sorta fine", but in my book that "sorta fine" is exactly the same as a broken clock that is still correct twice a day.

The best advice anyone can give with a TB6560 based board is throw it away. They really are that bad. Crap chipset, crap board designs. Almost anything else is better.

cheers, Ian
    It's rumoured that everytime someone buys a TB6560 based board, an engineer cries!

Quote Originally Posted by aarggh View Post
    The best advice anyone can give with a TB6560 based board is throw it away.
    I second this based on some early personal experience.
    I would also add do not under any circumstances buy an integrated multi-axis driver of any kind.
    If you have separate Break Out Board and individual axis drivers wired to it then in the event of a problem you can swap out parts from good axis to problem axis to identify the fault, additionally if you have a unit fail you only need replace what has failed.

- Nick

Thanks for the advice, I have two different scenarios I have to get working correctly.
    1. K40 or KH-3020B Chinese 40W CO2 Laser Engraver. (Purchased on eBay)
    Software:
    LaserDRW_WinSeal Ver. 2013.02.08.00206

Parts on machine:
    6C6879-LASER-M2 (Driver Board?) USB connection
    17HM3448N-15 (Steppers) x2

Would like to be able to accurately cut out parts, which is not happening with the existing software.
    I do have MACH3, LazyCAD, AutoCADLT, VISIO PRO 2016, 3x Corel's, DeskEngrave, DesKAM, TCAD LE.

I will post the other scenario separately.
    The button panel I am going to replace with my own buttons and do away with the membrane buttons, they are already goofing up.

Was there a hyperlink that I am not seeing for the YouTube Video?

Thanks Mate

I believe you 110%, I have dinked around with this board long enough. I have at least ten different "Manuals" or a lack thereof, and all are missing critical information, have different this and that. I have wasted enough time with that board. I hope to get a refund on that, but won't hold my breath.
    Is there any somewhat reliable board in the price range that is available, and I am not entertaining Arduino for this. Arduino is great for about 15 other things I have made, but I am not spending anymore time with it on a CNC.

If I would have know that an engineer would cry over the purchase of the TB6560 time waster, I would never have bought the doggone thing.

That sounds like grand idea.
    Now the trick is which board on my now shoestring budget, and little cash I have left after summing all these horrible bad investments I made by using hasty purchases.
    I am around $4.5K US in the hole, trying to start working from home with my disabilities and I refuse to take any Government handouts. (That get's my wife all worked up)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tech1AZ View Post
    Was there a hyperlink that I am not seeing for the YouTube Video?

Thanks Mate
    Just click on the image of the laser cutter and it will start playing the Youtube video.

To correct you, BobCAD have not dupped you, the machine you have most likely does not import G codes.

I think at best that machine is looking for a DXF file and more likely just a Corel draw file.

What happens when you import a corel draw file?

B.

My point with ol' Bob"OH" was I told them what I had and what I needed to do before I purchased it, anyway I have since tuned them out.
    Lick my wounds and move forward.
    The LaserDRW has been working with ,bitmaps, and jpg so far from Corel, XnView, VISIO PRO all the same. I have not tried to load a .DXF, but I'll try that here in a little bit. It just wont scale true. I check the programs ruler after setting up the field, but once it's cut I measure it for true size and it is off by 2-3mm. I make custom plates to fit circuit boards, and other things and need those holes exactly where I drew them. I always set up my page scale and use a high DPI when I convert it for the LaserDRW. Just have made a lot of adjusting, trial and error, but can't seem to get it exact.

Tech

Take a look at this resource

LaserDrw Tutorial

Seems like Laserdrw will not import DXF's but will import WMF

Barrie

Re: BobCAD Dupped me and no refund >>>UPDATE 8-11-16<<<

Been a while since I logged in.

First of all I would like to thank every on of you guys for the support and advice.

I have to log this update as to be fair to BobCAD-CAM regardless of how I feel about them.

As of today I have finally received a 100% refund from BobCAD.

It took every copied email, paperwork, proof of sending back the software (Signature required) multiple emails to Florida BBB and finally getting my Credit Union involved.

I can not play with any of my machines for a while as I am building an ecommerce site now to regain some income. Then it's back to the machines but going to proceed with caution this time.

Thanks again for all who have been supportive and getting me to chuckle during a bad situation.

Take Care

- Robert

Been a while since I logged in.

I can not play with any of my machines for a while as I am building an ecommerce site now to regain some income.
    Take Care
    - Robert
    Oopps, just lost my quote, so I'll just reply. Just getting used to how a blog actually works
    First of all I would like to thank every on of you guys for the support and advice.
    Be sure to get some help with the ecommerce site. They are a little more complex than a blog!

Then it's back to the machines but going to proceed with caution this time.
    Be sure to come back and let us know what CAM software you purchased that is controlling your machine!

I believe you have a few fundamental misunderstandings my friend.

Every machine needs a controller. Mazak, haas, fanuc, Mack3 etc etc. This is what you thought bobcad would do.

Each control has certain variations in G and M codes. So depending on the machine control ^^^ you use, depends on the post processor you need. Thats Bobcads job among other things. You either need to learn to write all the code by hand, or you need a CAM prog to post process it. Like BobCad. Thats not really an option other then those two.

Now you also confuse CAD and CAM. They are not the same.Most, if not all CAM will allow you to draw or model something like CAD. Some are full on CAD/CAM. But CAD and CAM are not the same thing. And if you could only have one, well you need CAM. CAD only draws.

CAM, like BobCad is what takes the drawing or the model and lets you turn it into G and M codes. Thats the language the machine speaks. And the Post Processor is what out puts that code according to the machine control.

1)Machine Control= Every machine HAS to have a control that speaks G and M code
    2)CAD draws and models. It has nothing to do with a CNC machine
    3)CAM (BobCad) lets you turn the drawing or model into operations with cutter paths
    4)Post Processor comes with CAM (BobCad)= It turns the operations and tool paths into G and M codes that the machine control speaks.

You NEED all that

I can not play with any of my machines for a while as I am building an ecommerce site now to regain some income.
    Don't forget you need a 3-5:1 ratio Sand to Cement to build a stable structure ;-)

Glad you got this sorted, I have been in contact with Kenny over at Bobcad. They are extremely pushy when it comes to sales, even going as far as trying to sell the entire package for $1000 saying retail is over $3500 but I have to decide right now. I have to say I really get turned off by sales tactics like that, we are only interested in the nesting part of the package but you have to get the whole deal with them. He then tried to sweeten the deal by throwing in Bobart for free, saying how much money we can make doing art pieces. A guy working out of a garage or custom shop that would be great, but we are a production shop and do very little custom or one off parts.

I told them i'll do some research and they can call me when they run the next sale, well not even a week later they are already leaving voicemails and sending emails. Guess they are pretty desperate for sales.

Quote Originally Posted by DirtBound View Post
    we are only interested in the nesting part of the package
    That's like asking for 4th axis without 1, 2 & 3, the way the software and licensing model works means you have to have all the bits that sit "under" the feature you want.

Guess they are pretty desperate for sales.
    It's nothing to do with desperation, there's always a big sales push towards the end of life of a given version,

- Nick

Quote Originally Posted by magicniner View Post
    That's like asking for 4th axis without 1, 2 & 3, the way the software and licensing model works means you have to have all the bits that sit "under" the feature you want.
    Well then we would rather have a dedicated nesting system such as the Hypertherm offerings.

Quote Originally Posted by magicniner View Post
    It's nothing to do with desperation, there's always a big sales push towards the end of life of a given version,

- Nick
    Guess that makes sense sell the end of life version then in a few months try to upsell to the newer version... Sounds like a typical business sales gimmick.

Well then we would rather have a dedicated nesting system such as the Hypertherm offerings.
    I'm so pleased to have woken you up and pointed your nose in the direction of the coffee!

Now if you just nip down to the Mercedes dealer and explain to them that you're not bothered about the paint, glass or back seats and would like them to sell you a complete car but knock off the price of the bits that are integral to the product but which you don't want then my day will be complete ;-)

I think you're missing my point. I was more talking about how we do not like their sales tactics, and them being so pushy. Its great that the software will allow for CAD drawings also, just a feature we won't be using. When I originally inquired to them the ad they had running made the nesting sound like a stand alone system.

Guess that makes sense sell the end of life version then in a few months try to upsell to the newer version... Sounds like a typical business sales gimmick.
    Kindof like a hypertherm website where the price of the product is hidden?

http://www.cuttingsystems.com/pdf/Pr...ice%20List.pdf

Base hypertherm = $5K with the "Nesting add-on module" another $1,500????

But hey, that "BobCad Sales team"....

So don't forget, for 5 grand u too can get "Manual nesting" lol

Attachment 330620

And I missed it at first, but you can get "pattern nesting" for $1,500... If you want "RECTANGULAR" nesting, that's another $1,500!!! lol

(Don't forget to add the "True Shape" module for $3,500... Who the hell can work with fake shapes!!!)

Attachment 330622

And then of course, you REALLY wanted to "Optimize" your nesting system didn't you? That'll be another $3,000.00!!!!

Attachment 330624

Or you could just go with the badly layed out nesting of the "non-optimized"-"Manual" original purchase for $5,000!!!

Damn!!! BobCad sales. "Causing customer prospects to make posts on cnczone since 1986!"

Page 3 of 4 1234