586,058 active members*
4,856 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > HURCO > Key Pad Repair and KeyBoard?

Key Pad Repair and KeyBoard?

Hi
    Key Pad
    I need to replace the key pad on the VMX42, but before I fork out $1000 plus Aus I thought I would see if anyone has successfully repaired one?
    I see there are several repair methods on the net such as using aluminium foil, conductive paints etc, but before trying it would be nice to know if anyone has carried a repair and how successful it was?

Only one key is playing up at the moment.

Keyboard (optional apparently)
    Lost a lot of time trying to program only to find out that when I touch certain F keys they jump a few times, eg when I am in program setup and I hit F2 it will bounce me past some key strokes.
    I started to think there was no Milling setup screen only drilling, I took the protective cover off the keys but it made no difference, to make it work I am making very definite careful key strokes and about every couple of goes I can get it right, very annoying?
    Is it possible to replace these keyboard with a simple industrial keypad?

I cannot use the touch screen because it has been replaced with a non touch screen monitor although the original monitor touch screen part still works only too hard to get to it, the original screen is blacked out.
    I may try getting the new original repaired, as I have had one successfully repaired previously, although being US I had to supply a 240 to 110V transformer so they could power it up, not sure what voltage the Hurco screen is?

Any advice greatly appreciated
    Best Regards
    Burgs

Re: Key Pad Repair and KeyBoard?

What control does it have ? I am sure you could find parts for that on epay ?

Hi.
    Control is a Hurco WINMAX the single screen job 2005 year. Did the Ebay and internet thing and have had no success at this stage.
    Might just have to do a bit more paying work and buy from HURCO.

Best regards
    Burgs

Good luck hope you can find something before you have to spend the big bucks.