586,106 active members*
3,064 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Cincinnati CNC > Cincinnati Dart 500 Carousel Tool changer problems

Cincinnati Dart 500 Carousel Tool changer problems

Trying to setup The Tool changer, Erratic behaviour, When we call for a tool change, it declamps before entering the carousel, dropping the tool on the bed, This happens when we are at tool 1 and call tool 1, if we are at tool 1 and call any other tool, it will not go to tool one, The carousel starts moving and the spindle enters at the called tool. We tried adjustiing the proxy for tool pot empty, But it gave a new alarm 1025 - Unidentified tool, It is behaving like random pot arm type,rather than carousel, Can anyone help me with this.We are just unable to get it working right, Cannot identify if it is a pull stud / drawbar problem, electrical problem or program issue.

Re: Cincinnati Dart 500 Carousel Tool changer problems

Sounds like you have the wrong tool stud or the spring washers in the draw bar are broken. Can you try to explain the problem better.

MIKE CNC Machine Services INC | Cincinnati Milacron MachinesCNC Machine Services

What control do you have? Cincinnati's control logic won't let what you describe happen (at least not on any machine I've seen). Is this a retrofit?

Quote Originally Posted by meckardt55 View Post
    Sounds like you have the wrong tool stud or the spring washers in the draw bar are broken. Can you try to explain the problem better.

MIKE CNC Machine Services INC | Cincinnati Milacron MachinesCNC Machine Services

Hi Meckaedt55,

I dont have the correct pull stud, and I am unable to find one. So basically we are doing trial and error with various pull studs, I would be really greatful if I get help finding the proper pull stud. It is really driving me nuts. The drawbar is working fine, with other pull studs I am able to run the machine fine, Cannot use the tool changer.

Thanks a ton for the reply, Finally I seem to be getting somewhere

Quote Originally Posted by maver1ck View Post
    What control do you have? Cincinnati's control logic won't let what you describe happen (at least not on any machine I've seen). Is this a retrofit?
    Hi Maver1ck,

Thanks for the reply, It is not a retrofit, It is a Dart 500 with GE Fanuc 21i-mb. I got all the manuals as well. We have been suspecting the pull stud. But any help is welcome.