586,069 active members*
3,410 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Amada Pega 244+Fanuc 6M going nuts

Amada Pega 244+Fanuc 6M going nuts

Hello from a newbie.

I recently bought an old Amada 244 with Fanuc 6m and up to now not a single sheet can be worked through without some error messages that have no solution even if I call local amada technicians.

Almost every time after a clamp repositioning the machine stops with a message 06 interlock on the screen. It can only be cleared out by cutting the power from the NC and a restart after a while. Nowadays I also get a "index not prepared" message. The index pin does not move in manual mode even if I turn it to either direction. And the turret can not be driven to origin.

Is there any simple fault that could cause this. X and Y can be driven to origin, turret and AI not.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Amada Pega 244+Fanuc 6M going nuts

Although I am not an Amada expert, I suspect some switch problem When you get the message, look at the control diagnostics and make sure that all inputs correspond to the expected state, especially any related to interlocks.

Thanks. How do I know the expected state? I checked the limit switches etc. When the mode selector in retract-mode the limit switches are lit on the auto index driveshaft sensors, auto index brake cylinders and index pin cylinders (pin retracted out the turret). Still cant get the turret rotating. Checked also the index stations and turned the stations to origin (limit switch pushed in). No effect.

You will have to go through the ladder to determine which input can cause that condition.

Hi
    So late answer!
    If you still having problems with your pega 244 contact me on [email protected]
    Good luck

Got all the problems solved and the machine is running fine. Thanks for all who replied.

Quote Originally Posted by kimmoa View Post
    Got all the problems solved and the machine is running fine. Thanks for all who replied.
    Pressure switch on hold downs?

Not the switches themselves, but too small an air reservoir caused the jamming during clamp repositioning. New compressor with bigger tank and some pressure switch recalibration solved the problem. It has been running fine over a year.