586,375 active members*
3,299 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Router for cutting aluminum

Hello, all.

We are looking to buy a router for cutting aluminum. Our budget is around 25K. We just need something that can cut at something like 50 or 100 thousandths of an inch without breaking bits due to shaking. We currently have a 5'x10' router from Industrialcnc.com, but that thing can't even handle less than 1mm as it shakes too much. So far we have looked at used old Multicam MG 100 which is within our budget, but we are not sure how well it can handles aluminum compared to their current 1000 series. We have also looked at used Multicam 1000 series, but it might be out of our budget?

The Sharp 408 series from newcnc.com looks like a beefy machine and close to our budget, but we couldn't find any videos of it cutting aluminum.

So in short, is there a router with at least 4'x8' travel that can cut aluminum for around 25K?

Thank you for any advice you can give.

Re: Router for cutting aluminum

Give me a call I can give you a break down of the MG VS 1000 series machine.
    Feeds/speeds and tooling recommendation for cutting AL
    Which series AL with you be cutting
    3000/4000 or 5000/7000

Maurice Phelps
    678 4381483

We mostly will be cutting 6061. So the MG 100 should be able to cut aluminum?

Thank you

I need clarification is this machine a 1000 series machine(stepper) or a MG which should be a servo machine.

We don't have either machine. We just want to know if the MG 100 can cut aluminum as we are looking into buying it used.

Thank you

Dear Buontinh,

I am so happy to know that you are interested in the cnc router, we are the manufacture of cnc router. You mentioned that you want to cut the 1 inch thickness aluminum without break, sure we have the machine, it is within 25k, and servo motor, 9kw big power spindle, auto mist cooling sprayer professional for cutting aluminum. Do you have some online contact? Skype or Facebook? We can talk on that directly. My skype is signcnc02 , my Facebook is Andy Cnc Machinery

Once again I need clarification...because there is no MG 100 Multicam machine went like this

SF oldest
    Pro
    MG
    thousand series machine
    1000 stepper
    3000 can be stepper or servos
    5000 will be servos, although I think a couple of distributors actually let their customers order stepper 5000

MG came in 204, 205
    Unless your MG is a really small machine....that is the only what I might even consider there is a MG100 out there....

What are the specs on the machine....
    Have you had it inspected, and no a video doesn't not mean anything....I did a inspection where there was a video, I powered machine up and got no movement, buyer still bought the machine but they had to replace a amp for 2500.00. That was taken off the price of the machine.

DO NOT, DO NOT without a inspection, it will cost a few dollars. Its better then having massive problems because the control board is missing, YES...got a call from a major reseller of a cmc machines, and they sold it with out a control board.

Oh, I didn't know there is no 100 series. The craigslist ad I was looking at listed it as 2000 Multicam MG 100 Series so I assumed it's a 100 series.

Do you know of any new router in the 25k range that can cut aluminum at .05" or .1" depth per pass such as the cheapest Sharp model from newcnc.com?

Thank you.

You are going to be hard pressed to find a router, that is not a DIY bolt together machine (with servos). I have gone to NEWCNC facility in Michigan, I like what I saw. It appeared to be a well built machine, now mind you It was a could of hours at their shop. So can I tell you about the long term use of this machine, you will have to do some more research on your own. But from what I did see while there, they seem to be very attentive to their customers. I can tell you in looking for a machine, Stay away from any of the machines that are made and resold here by MAJOR MFG. here in the US , built in China or India most have no quality checks or in some cases, it ships from the builder direct to you and it is never seen buy the distributor. Documentation will be scarce at best, parts hard to come by,

also check out
    CNC Router Machines | CNC Routers | CAMaster
    Centaurus series
    Three Axis CNC Routers, Cabinets, Furniture, Carving, Nested Base, Upholstery by Thermwood

Check these out

Or better yet, if you have the time. IWF is in Atlanta in a couple of weeks. It will be worth your while, if you are looking for something new in that price range.

BUT I CAN NOT SAY IT ENOUGH, NOTHING FROM CHINA OR INDIA, I DONT CARE WHAT THEY PROMISE.

Unless they are going to leave a tech with your machine for the next 6 mos, that might be the only way, I would considered and probably not even then.