586,096 active members*
3,783 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Tools / Tooling Technology > CNC Tooling > Where to Buy? "Made in India" carbide tooling

Where to Buy? "Made in India" carbide tooling

I recently had an idea that, maybe, I could help the world economy by spreading some USD around to other Asian countries. (Gee, for ma's sake, I hope India is in Asia...)

I know they make carbide tooling: indiamart.com (like alibaba.com, only more "Indian") says so, but when I inquired there, where I might buy Indian-made products in small quantities, I still received dozens of default offers to sell lots of 1000, or by the metric tonne...

Has anyone run across these tools in web travails? If so, I'd like to vote with some dollahs.

Thank you.

[I just saw 'ger21' is the #1 poster on cnczone w/over 27,000 posts. I thought he worked for a living. Or slept at night like the rest of us. Congratulations, Gerry! And Thank You.]
    --
    Dan

Re: Where to Buy? "Made in India" carbide tooling

Are they actually made in India or are they reselling Chinese stuff?

cheers, Ian
    It's rumoured that everytime someone buys a TB6560 based board, an engineer cries!

Yes!

Here's just one. Uttam

And I am not surprised in the least. When I was in graduate school, lo, some decades ago, every Indian student I knew was well ahead of me...

(Read this carefully: this is not to say that Indians are smarter than Americans... it begs to explain why "I", personally, am not surprised. :^) )

So, Ian, let's buy some and be the first resellers on our respective continents! (Actually, I don't live in Texas anymore, so I'm not really on any continent.)
    --
    Dan

Quote Originally Posted by cnczane View Post
    Yes!

Here's just one. Uttam

And I am not surprised in the least. When I was in graduate school, lo, some decades ago, every Indian student I knew was well ahead of me...

(Read this carefully: this is not to say that Indians are smarter than Americans... it begs to explain why "I", personally, am not surprised. :^) )

So, Ian, let's buy some and be the first resellers on our respective continents! (Actually, I don't live in Texas anymore, so I'm not really on any continent.)
    I couldn't even load the site, looks like all their data is flash delivered.

But anyway, I'm fairly happy with our Chinese overlords at the moment. I get reasonably semi-consistent products at bargain prices. ;-)

cheers, Ian
    It's rumoured that everytime someone buys a TB6560 based board, an engineer cries!

Oh!

I do not intend to give the impression that I have not been perfectly satisfied in all respects heretonow. Nor that Indians are superior to any other ethnicity in terms of superiority. I feel a little like Oliver however (he of O.Twist fame): "Please, sir, may I have a bit more?"

I looked at the Uttam site today. I did have to enable Flash temporarily to see it. (Can you imagine Upper Management's face, after shelling out the Big Bucks to create a "Flash-driven" web "presence", when told it needs to be scrapped and replaced with The Next Big Thing? Purple-plectic, I imagine.)
    --
    Dan

We are based in India and all our toolings are manufactured in India,

Have a look at our website through which we ship to customers around the world on a regular basis
    https://www.toolsengg.com/

For special form tools to be developed as per specific requirements as per drawings or samples
    https://www.toolsengg.com/producttoo...ducttools#tops

@cnczane
    Knowing that the Flash sites are a thing of the past could be hard to digest for anyone whose spent any bucks on it! lol