586,052 active members*
4,055 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Need Neck Heel digitized

Hi,

I want to use necks manufactured by someone else. Can anyone digitize the neck heel so that I can get the correct geometry for the neck pocket?

I've tried drawing it in cad but can get the geometry just right for a consistent, tight neck joint. It's a strat style neck and heel.

If you have access to a digitizer, can you email me the fee?

Thanks,
    Chris Robinson

Chris have you actually cut some of these joints? It almost sounds like there is a mis-match in cutter diam and offsets if you have made them in cad, cut them and they don't work.

Post your cad drawings and I'll try to tinker with the cut and see what I get.

Mike
    No greater love can a man have than this, that he give his life for a friend.

Hey Turmite,

Naw, what's going on is that I'm using a neck made by another manufacturer that I'm trying to mate to my bodies.

I took one of the actual necks and tried to digitize it's heel by tracing it on paper and measuring coordinates. Then I used that drawing to machine the pocket in my body. But I don't have the radiuses correct at the bottom corners. It's frustrating the heck out of me! So, I thought that if someone had a microscribe, they could take an actual neck and create measure the outline of the heel section.

Do you have any other ideas on how to digitize that heel outline? I've tried the bitmap background in Rhino but the accuracy isn't there and it's hard to scale the picture just right.

I was hoping to use the necks that I found so that I could avoid having to make them right now.

Chris