586,969 active members*
3,039 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Hybrid View

Re: Help with Novusun NVEM control card

I'll try that too. Shame, the hardware performs good, all crippled by probably a dozen lines of codes that they could fix in an hour. Maybe the manufacturer will bother reading this thread one day.

Quote Originally Posted by miky4u2 View Post
    I'll try that too. Shame, the hardware performs good, all crippled by probably a dozen lines of codes that they could fix in an hour. Maybe the manufacturer will bother reading this thread one day.
    Yeah, it is. Last night I requested a return from the eBay seller and ordered a simple parallel port BoB to get me going. I do hope they read this and fix the plugin otherwise they'll have a bunch more returns.

Quote Originally Posted by thehose View Post
    Yeah, it is. Last night I requested a return from the eBay seller and ordered a simple parallel port BoB to get me going. I do hope they read this and fix the plugin otherwise they'll have a bunch more returns.
    Hey Miky,

As it turns out, the eBay seller fumbled my return so eBay issued a full refund to me and I get to keep the NVEM. I hope you were able to get your cash back too.
    I now have a cheap parallel port BoB to run the machine but since I don't have a tmie constraint on the NEVM I will use it without limits switch to tune my system and cut new aluminum plates to morph my system into a movable gantry style of CNC router.
    I'll keep my eyes on this forum to see how things develop.

PS: My wife happens to be Chinese, so I'm going to investigate who actually makes this motion board and ask her to contact them by phone to see if I can get a working plugin for this board. I'll post any developments here....

Hey Miky,

As it turns out, the eBay seller fumbled my return so eBay issued a full refund to me and I get to keep the NVEM. I hope you were able to get your cash back too.
    I now have a cheap parallel port BoB to run the machine but since I don't have a tmie constraint on the NEVM I will use it without limits switch to tune my system and cut new aluminum plates to morph my system into a movable gantry style of CNC router.
    I'll keep my eyes on this forum to see how things develop.

PS: My wife happens to be Chinese, so I'm going to investigate who actually makes this motion board and ask her to contact them by phone to see if I can get a working plugin for this board. I'll post any developments here....

I had a change of heart, I didn’t want to be asked to send the board back, and have to re order something else and wait weeks before i can use the CNC. I did contact the seller though and hassled him hoping to get a contact for the manufacturer, but it’s like talking to a brick wall. They said they contacted the manufacturer (yeah right) and will keep me posted, meanwhile gave me a contact number for an other Australian buyer who might be able to help. I couldn’t be bothered, It’s probably someone i already talked to via those forums anyways. I’ll still keep hassling the seller, i told him i want the driver source code and to request it from manufacturer, maybe they’ll get tired of me and eventually send it hehe

Maybe you wife will be more lucky, there is defiantly a language barrier for me.

It’s a pain but still ‘usable’ as is for now, trying to figure out Vectrics and Fusion360 will keep me busy for a while and at a later stage i’ll look at getting a better board, something compatible with LinuxCNC or Mach4 .

I made a ‘Project Page’ to document my 'journey' so far, might help other newbies like me one day,

http://www.opalsfromaustralia.com.au/cnc/

I had a change of heart, I didn’t want to be asked to send the board back, and have to re order something else and wait weeks before i can use the CNC. I did contact the seller though and hassled him hoping to get a contact for the manufacturer, but it’s like talking to a brick wall. They said they contacted the manufacturer (yeah right) and will keep me posted, meanwhile gave me a contact number for an other Australian buyer who might be able to help. I couldn’t be bothered, It’s probably someone i already talked to via those forums anyways. I’ll still keep hassling the seller, i told him i want the driver source code and to request it from manufacturer, maybe they’ll get tired of me and eventually send it hehe

Maybe you wife will be more lucky, there is defiantly a language barrier for me.

It’s a pain but still ‘usable’ as is for now, trying to figure out Vectrics and Fusion360 will keep me busy for a while and at a later stage i’ll look at getting a better board, something compatible with LinuxCNC or Mach4 .

I made a ‘Project Page’ to document my 'journey' so far, might help other newbies like me one day,

Miky's CNC6040 2017 Project
    I've not been able to figure out who actually makes the board. Tried to contact ChinaPlcCenter (seem to have made the docs) to see if they also made the plugin. They have a plugin for download on their site, but seems to be the same crap.
    If you can get the contact info on the manufacturer from your buyer, we'll call them and pester them in their own language :-).
    PS: Nice project log; I'm going to read it this afternoon.

Also, I'm no longer getting emails when you (or anyone else) posts to this thread, not sure why; But I'll keep monitoring.

Miky's CNC6040 2017 Project
    If your still trying to work it out I assume the number the supplier gave you was mine. I had a lot of issues with the incorrect dll.

Got most of it sorted now and running ok apart from a few glitches which I think are related to the spindle drive and computer not the nvem.

Took hours of trying to figure it out but due to Chinese new year I had to wait weeks to get any assistance. I import pipeline fittings from China so chinglish decoding is second nature now😀

Chinno, so you have resolved all the issues that Miky has stated by using a new plugin, if I understand you correctly? If so, can you share the download location or the actual .dll by attachment here ?

Chinno, so you have resolved all the issues that Miky has stated by using a new plugin, if I understand you correctly? If so, can you share the download location or the actual .dll by attachment here ?
    Hi all. Sorry for the delay. Been working 70hr weeks and haven't had any time or motivation to even look at the router.

All seems to be working but I now get random glitches that make my router shudder as if it's loosing step but if I tell it to go to zero it goes to the correct position.

I'll upload a few photos of the issues and the dll i have later tonight.