586,946 active members*
2,606 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Hybrid View

Re: Help with Novusun NVEM control card

yep, I have that plugin installed. Do I need to provide 5 volts to the enable pins of the stepper drivers? It does not show this the NVEM wiring.

Hi mate
    email me on [email protected] , I will send you the rar file for nvem if you want it

Quote Originally Posted by RODCNC1147 View Post
    Hi mate
    email me on [email protected] , I will send you the rar file for nvem if you want it

Towoomba ? i'm on the GC :-) You have a running CNC with the NVEM board ?

Miky

Quote Originally Posted by miky4u2 View Post
    Towoomba ? i'm on the GC :-) You have a running CNC with the NVEM board ?

Miky
    Towoomba is right... (must be an Aussie thing? :-)))) this new dll does put out the correct status message, still though it does not put the message every time I start Mach3, but not too worried about that.

While I still don't have a CNC running on Mach3/NVEM, I hope to be there by next weekend. At least now I know the board communicates with Mach3 and that the e-stop switch works; Not much but it's something. I still have a bit of a learning curve on Mach3.

I really appreciate you guys helping me get this thing off the ground; I will be monitoring this thread, posting back as soon as I get the motors moving and the system somewhat tuned up.

Miky I would love to stay in touch with you (and Rod) on this subject and compare notes as we move along.

A follow up ...

After fiddling more with Mach3/NVEM , below are the following issues that i have , most probably Driver related.

- Soft limits unusable, they attach themselves to work coordinates instead of machine ones. Although I have seen them work correctly once but the problem appeared after restarting Mach3 (Probably driver related)
    - Hitting Soft Limits cause the Axis to stop working completely, Mach3 to crash on exit, most of the time requiring power cycling the NVEM. (probably Driver related)
    - Slow Zone not working (probably driver)
    - 'Limits Overide" not working (probably driver)
    - Cant use a switch as both home and Limit , directly related to the above as it requires the limits override. Homing is still possible by setting the switches as "Home" only ,
    - Z-Moves un-usable (probably driver related)

So far that's it for now might be more later. Apart from the above, it seems usable.
    Still interested to know if other NVEM users are having the same issues or others .. and if you found some fixes or work arounds.

Cheers

Miky

A follow up ...

After fiddling more with Mach3/NVEM , below are the following issues that i have , most probably Driver related.

- Soft limits unusable, they attach themselves to work coordinates instead of machine ones. Although I have seen them work correctly once but the problem appeared after restarting Mach3 (Probably driver related)
    - Hitting Soft Limits cause the Axis to stop working completely, Mach3 to crash on exit, most of the time requiring power cycling the NVEM. (probably Driver related)
    - Slow Zone not working (probably driver)
    - 'Limits Overide" not working (probably driver)
    - Cant use a switch as both home and Limit , directly related to the above as it requires the limits override. Homing is still possible by setting the switches as "Home" only ,
    - Z-Moves un-usable (probably driver related)

So far that's it for now might be more later. Apart from the above, it seems usable.
    Still interested to know if other NVEM users are having the same issues or others .. and if you found some fixes or work arounds.

Cheers

Miky
    Still waiting for my motor controllers, so other than the e-stop test I'm going on faith.But after seeing all the issues you are having with this device and the complete lack of mfg support (typical for China) now I'm thinking of returning this BoB. Still have a couple of weeks to decide.

A follow up ...
    Miky, I remember (while looking at Mach3 videos on Youtube) something relating to Soft Limits exceeded making Mach3 crash (blue screen of death) unless you (????) within a certain (short) period of time. I wish I could remember what the ???? was that you are supposed to do. So this may not be attributable to the driver. If I come across that again, I'll post it here.

PS: Just got my motor drivers in the mail.

Follow up again :-)

I've done more research , the NVEM and NVUM boards are just DDream models (Digital Dream CNC) and use the same driver DDREAM/NVEM v2.0a which has never been fixed and does not work correctly with Mach3 eventhough the boards are advertised as Mach3 cards .

Aparently all the boards "DDREAM CNC, DDUM4 v1.0, DDUM5 v1.0, DDUM6, DDUM3 v1.0, NVEM, NVUM" have the same issues with Soft Limits not working as they should, slow zones not working, and not being able to use switches as Home & Limit (Limits override not working). And maybe other issues.

So that settles it for now, unless there is a fixed driver released one day, they are Not Mach3 compatible boards !

I wish i had know that before buying one, but at least some people will read this in the future before buying one :-)

Michael

Link Below to the files that the supplier sent me
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0A...ew?usp=sharing

Below are are few examples of what i have done i with it.
    It was running fine for a few weeks but developed a glitch where it seems to miss a block of code and then tries to shoot off to the start of the next block.
    This is on all code from a basic circle to the NVEM mounting plate below.

Fix one problem and find another.

Got the below to cut out ok. Lost one set due to a glitch

Examples below

Pic of mach3. It knows that its out of alignment but just keeps going. Seems to be missing a block of code and its so inconsistent i can't pin point it.
    All i know is that tuning the motors to 25000 velocity and 2000 acceleration has made it so i can at least run again.

Also worth noting that once the above has occurred i can zero of run from a specific line of code and it will cut in the exact path it should unless it glitches again.
    It seem to go into a gitter as it tries catch its self up.