587,475 active members*
3,753 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Hybrid View

Re: Help with Novusun NVEM control card

one more problem with NVEM CNC ethernet 6-axis controller.
    When an A-axis is slave to X-axis (or any other axis), I have a problem with homing of slave axis. it dosn't work. Homing are enable only for master axis.

Quote Originally Posted by Referral View Post
    one more problem with NVEM CNC ethernet 6-axis controller.
    When an A-axis is slave to X-axis (or any other axis), I have a problem with homing of slave axis. it dosn't work. Homing are enable only for master axis.

I passed this on to the Plugin developer and hopefully they will look into this as well :-). The dual use of switches as both Limit & Home has already been partially fixed that's a start :-) , i have tested a pre-release of the next plugin update but i'm not authorised to pass it on at this stage. Slow process but i'm happy someone is working on those issues cause i really like this board. They are currently working on fixing some more homing issues and soft limits . I will keep posting updates about the progress when i know more and when there will be an official downloadable update, soon hopefully :-)

Miky

Quote Originally Posted by miky4u2 View Post
    I passed this on to the Plugin developer and hopefully they will look into this as well :-). The dual use of switches as both Limit & Home has already been partially fixed that's a start :-) , i have tested a pre-release of the next plugin update but i'm not authorised to pass it on at this stage. Slow process but i'm happy someone is working on those issues cause i really like this board. They are currently working on fixing some more homing issues and soft limits . I will keep posting updates about the progress when i know more and when there will be an official downloadable update, soon hopefully :-)

Miky
    Just a quick update on my system. I have managed to fix the random skipping of code. All I did was format and reinstall windows 7 x86. Not sure what the real issue was but I am happy to say the issues are gone. Now to wait for the new plugin.

Download NVEM Driver/Plugin Updated 23/05/2017

I was provided with a driver update. There is no official site for it so for now the only place it can be downloaded from is my project page.
    Miky's CNC6040 2017 Project Scroll down to "Step 6" there is a download link for NVEM_P.dll

- The switch dual function Home/Limit has been fixed so it's now possible to use switches as both Home & Limit . (Works for me)
    - The "Limits Override" has been fixed too , so it's possible to 'Reset' and jog away from the switch when a limit switch has been activated . (Works for me)

- Soft Limit Slow Zones are still not working, and Soft Limits only work correctly when the mach3 "Machine Coords" button is selected (Red) (I'm told this is being looked at)

Miky

I checked on my machine a new library. Many thanks for the work done! Definitely there are improvements, but the slow zone and the slave axis still do not work. Considering that there are two motors on the Y axis on my machine, I still can not use all the features of this controller at full capacity.

Surprisingly, the sellers say that everything works well. I can not prove anything to them ..

Here is their video -https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EGUHFzP3Ns&feature=youtu.be
    And here is my - https://cloud.mail.ru/public/J8NE/tYFvtCzm8

What am I doing wrong???

I tried slave axis, it does not work for me. I dont think you are doing anything wrong :-) . I don't know why it works on their video, i tried many combinations and no luck. I am going to send your video to plugin developer.

Miky