586,409 active members*
2,899 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Stepper Motors / Drives > Anybody with experience of "Motionking" stepper motors

Anybody with experience of "Motionking" stepper motors

The best stepper motor prices that I've ever heard are from www.motionking.com. Does anyone have any good/bad experience with them?

They are not a manufacture they act as agent for a number of other manufactures.
    This is quite common in China, and you may have no problems with them, but they will loose interest in you if your volumes are not high.
    High volumes are over 1000 units per shipment.
    I have been dealing with a number of manufactures in china for over ten years now, and if you are looing at doing business it is a good idea to visit them and look at their manufacture and quality control, becasue there are a lot of factories who have very bad manufactoring and little to none of quality control.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerald_D View Post
    The best stepper motor prices that I've ever heard are from www.motionking.com. Does anyone have any good/bad experience with them?
    Motion Control Products Ltd
    www.motioncontrolproducts.co.uk

They have even used an image that i created for their website.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerald_D View Post

If not motion king, what is a good source for medium to small quantities of stepper motors? I would love to offer my customers (I sell a stepper controller kit) the option of a complete system, but so far the quantity breaks I've found are not enough to justify it in the quantities I could afford to purchase. Any advice for someone trying to break into the stepper motor distribution business would be very appreciated.

Fulling or moons are most likely the best to work with, but you will need to order about 1000 motors to make it worth it, but that depends on what you are used to paying.

Quote Originally Posted by James Newton View Post
    If not motion king, what is a good source for medium to small quantities of stepper motors? I would love to offer my customers (I sell a stepper controller kit) the option of a complete system, but so far the quantity breaks I've found are not enough to justify it in the quantities I could afford to purchase. Any advice for someone trying to break into the stepper motor distribution business would be very appreciated.

I just got a quote back from MotionKing and they are offering a pretty substantial discount for purcases of more than 100 units. I'm not going to say what the price is here, but it seems pretty darn good. What price would you expect to pay for 100 motors with these specs?

Step Angle(deg) 1.8
    Motor Length (mm) 76 ~ 3"
    Rated Current (A) 1.5
    Phase Resistance (ohm) 4.5
    Phase Inductance (mH) 7.8
    Holding Torque (N.cm Min) 140 = 198 oz/in = 14278 g/cm
    Detent Torque (N.cm Max) 6.0 = 8.5 oz/in = 612 g/cm
    Rotor Inertia (g.cm²) 440
    Lead Wire (No.) 6
    Motor Weight (g) 1050 = 2.3lb

The closest matches I could find at Digikey and Jameco were in the $25 range and the price from Motion King was... well... quite a bit less. And they said they would sell in quantities as low as 5 for prices that were also quite amazing.

I'm thinking of saving my pennies and placing an order. Anyone interested in going in together?

half the price of Digikey, but we normally dont buy in less than 1000 units for 23 frame size.

Quote Originally Posted by James Newton View Post
    I just got a quote back from MotionKing and they are offering a pretty substantial discount for purcases of more than 100 units. I'm not going to say what the price is here, but it seems pretty darn good. What price would you expect to pay for 100 motors with these specs?

Step Angle(deg) 1.8
    Motor Length (mm) 76 ~ 3"
    Rated Current (A) 1.5
    Phase Resistance (ohm) 4.5
    Phase Inductance (mH) 7.8
    Holding Torque (N.cm Min) 140 = 198 oz/in = 14278 g/cm
    Detent Torque (N.cm Max) 6.0 = 8.5 oz/in = 612 g/cm
    Rotor Inertia (g.cm²) 440
    Lead Wire (No.) 6
    Motor Weight (g) 1050 = 2.3lb

The closest matches I could find at Digikey and Jameco were in the $25 range and the price from Motion King was... well... quite a bit less. And they said they would sell in quantities as low as 5 for prices that were also quite amazing.

I'm thinking of saving my pennies and placing an order. Anyone interested in going in together?

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by mcpltd View Post
    They are not a manufacture they act as agent for a number of other manufactures.
    This is quite common in China, and you may have no problems with them, but they will loose interest in you if your volumes are not high.
    High volumes are over 1000 units per shipment.
    I have been dealing with a number of manufactures in china for over ten years now, and if you are looing at doing business it is a good idea to visit them and look at their manufacture and quality control, becasue there are a lot of factories who have very bad manufactoring and little to none of quality control.
    I fully don't your comments, because we visited this company last year. They are manufacturer of stepper motor. In fact, they produce stepper motors and burshless motors, but common DC motor and DC gear motors are OEM by other factory. Our company purchase 17 & 23 motors from them.

Any up dates, new news ?
    Any new users who can chime in ?
    Would like to have users feedback ??
    Thanks, Robert M

I will not pronounce YET on the motors them self, but I will testify that MotionKing give a VERY VERY good service, prompt to reply to all my emailS & questions and fast as promised delivery.
    Very well packaged.
    I just received today my order placed last august 14. They advise all order are treated 7 days after payment.
    Will keep up when testing motor comes.
    Later, Robert

I am looking for good brushless servo motor manufacturer from China . About 7 KW servo motors .
    If any body can help me . Thanks .