586,103 active members*
3,667 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Reoccurring parameter loss

Hey guys I'm banging my head on a 99 Mazak quick turn 200 with a 640t control running Windows 2000. Every time it gets very humid outside I lose my turret.. I get a 371 turret servo alarm in black and yellow. Most of the time a parameter reload and restart works to clear it. Not anymore. I just had a mazak tech come with a heafty pricetag in January to once over my machines and put all new batteries in. Which currently all read full voltage on my meter. When I open up my MR J2 software I get a "read error occured between NC and computer .0001", and then a "communication error between pc and servo amplifier" the turret servo unit has 88 on the readout. On the back of the control the led says 9 which I believe means NC is ready.
    This only happens if the machine sits off for a few days when it's high humidity. I'm looking for any advice, I've taken connections apart to clean, traced and inspected everything I can consider to be turret ivolved.

Re: Reoccurring parameter loss

I would assume that with the problem occurring due to humidity, there is corrosion on components within the NC unit, servo amplifier, or pc. It could also be a capacitor failure on either. I would first clean the pc out and check for corrosion and cold solder joints. Try reloading the parameters again. If this doesn't solve the issue, swap out the servo amplifier if you have a spare, and reload the parameters and see if the problem goes away. That would indicate the issue is within the amp. If the problem remains, the corrosion or failed components could be in the controller. Then you can take the "hit head here" sign off the side of the machine and send the unit in for evaluation and repair haha. Shoot me an email at [email protected] and I'll give you my shipping info. Good luck.
    We fix it all! Give us a call at 855-437-3497.

Hey thanks for the reply! I tried to get a hold of you via the .net email and Gmail said it didn't exist. Is there another way to get a hold of you?

Re: Reoccurring parameter loss

Really? That's weird. Our toll free number is 855-437-3497. Dial extension 103 for John. Tell him I gave you his number and he'll lend you a hand!
    We fix it all! Give us a call at 855-437-3497.