584,842 active members*
4,388 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Few questions: Cycle Stop, tool change and

First up, Cycle Stop. Can I change the cycle stop button to issue a command equivalent to M30 or "stop program and rewind to first line"? I just busted a nice tool because I stopped the program, did some adjustments and started the program only to have it continue on where it left off, but without turning on the spindle. If I just need to pause the program I can use Feed Hold.

Secondly, M6 tool changes are being ignored? I have the check box on "Stop spindle and wait for cycle start" but it doesn't. It just carries on with the program, ruining things, obviously. The code line is just "Txx M6".

Finally, can get UCCNC to start in windowed mode? No matter what I try it will always open maximized which is not how I want it to behave. Unlike most other programs that start as they were when closed, I can't get UCCNC to open at the same size and position I want it to. I have a large enough monitor to have multiple tools open at once and resizing and repositioning every time is a pain.

Re: Few questions: Cycle Stop, tool change and

Teh way to stop a program is to FIRST hit feedhold and then when it stops hit STOP. From there you can change out a dull tool or whatever. Next you would hit RUN FROM HERE then cycle start. A popup window appears and you have options as to restarting teh spindle. Select what ever option you want then hit OK it will then move BACK into a restart position which will be teh last position of teh previous line of gcode. That is teh start point for teh line of code you stopped on. THEN hit Cycle Start again and It will then continue machining teh part.

When you checked teh button for teh tool change did you hit the apply setting button then save settings button ??. It works fine here I just tested it both ways.

As to teh screen size on load that is controlled from teh Properties of teh ICON. Edit the properies to start either NORMAL or minimized. If it is set to maximize it will start full screen.

Just a thought, (;-) TP

That's true, as long as I remember to hit the "start from here" button before "cycle start", but I'd like to prevent inadvertently doing it.

I'm pretty sure I did but I'll check when I get home.

Minimize works, but both normal and maximized start full screen.

Quote Originally Posted by chjade84 View Post
    First up, Cycle Stop. Can I change the cycle stop button to issue a command equivalent to M30 or "stop program and rewind to first line"? I just busted a nice tool because I stopped the program, did some adjustments and started the program only to have it continue on where it left off, but without turning on the spindle. If I just need to pause the program I can use Feed Hold.

Secondly, M6 tool changes are being ignored? I have the check box on "Stop spindle and wait for cycle start" but it doesn't. It just carries on with the program, ruining things, obviously. The code line is just "Txx M6".

Finally, can get UCCNC to start in windowed mode? No matter what I try it will always open maximized which is not how I want it to behave. Unlike most other programs that start as they were when closed, I can't get UCCNC to open at the same size and position I want it to. I have a large enough monitor to have multiple tools open at once and resizing and repositioning every time is a pain.
    There is a setting : Maximise screen on startup, remove the check from that box then it will start in normal window mode instead of maximised.

I'm not sure if executing a M30 is possible while g-code is running, probably not?!

There is a setting in the General settings about how it handles M6, if its ignores, pauses or macro executed.

You can press the run from here and then the software will ask you to switch the spindle on first, or you can manually switch the spindle on before you continue the gcode.

Remember that a CNC controller is as dumb as a box of rocks. It will only do what you tell it to do BUT it WILL do everything you tell it to do RIGHT or WRONG (;-).

(;-) TP

Quote Originally Posted by OlfCNC View Post
    There is a setting : Maximise screen on startup, remove the check from that box then it will start in normal window mode instead of maximised.

I'm not sure if executing a M30 is possible while g-code is running, probably not?!

There is a setting in the General settings about how it handles M6, if its ignores, pauses or macro executed.

You can press the run from here and then the software will ask you to switch the spindle on first, or you can manually switch the spindle on before you continue the gcode.
    Ah ha! It's in the one screen I've not really ever used, appearance! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by vmax549 View Post
    Remember that a CNC controller is as dumb as a box of rocks. It will only do what you tell it to do BUT it WILL do everything you tell it to do RIGHT or WRONG (;-).

(;-) TP
    Indeed, which is why I'm trying to reduce the possibility of any stupid little mistakes that cost me extra money!

At least we've solved one problem so far!