586,061 active members*
4,618 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > GibbsCAM > Virtual Gibbs V5 conversion

Virtual Gibbs V5 conversion

I have an old CAD file made with virtual Gibbs on the Mac. I need to view the contents of the geometry and possibly use some of it. This was created possibly in the late 80's or 90's with version 5 I think, but not sure. It cannot be opened with a newer version on Gibbscam. I went to a local shop that uses Gibbscam V7 and they tried to open it but the system identified it as an old MAC file that had to be updated on the platform that was created in.

I'd like to know if someone has access to al old MAC with and old version of Gibbs on it. If you would be willing to convert it this file so that I can view it, possibly to a newer version of Gibbs or Solidworks, which is what I use. An IGES, STEP and other more universal formats will be fine as well.My email is [email protected].
    Thanks in advance.
    Tom

Tom, I am still running V 5 on my MAC. I understand from my Gibbs guy that were I to convert to the PC version, I must convert all the files from MAC to PC before I give up my MAC hardware key.

As I understand it, I would have to convert my files with my MAC with a harware key, and a PC with a hardware key. Gibbs will give a certain grace period for me to have two keys at one time, since I only own one seat of Gibbs.

I am sure I can open your MAC file, but I don't have the PC version to convert with. Maybe I could EXPORT a DXF file for you?
    If I can be of help, let me know.