586,469 active members*
3,083 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Opengl

Opengl

To make a long story short. The comp running UCCNC quit. I pressed am old Toshiba Laptop into service. I updated it to Win 8. Last night it decided to update to 8.1. Now UCCNC will not run. Out of date opengl. I did all I could try to get later opengl. I think UNCNC is asking for 1.4. Windows 8.1 removed opengl and I tried Mickysoft website and Toshiba both installers fail a a point copying files. Does Win 10 restore opengl
    as I can upgrade to 10. I have an extra license. Or do I have another option.

I understand this is not a UCCNC thing but I am stuck and maybe someone knows.

Thank You
    Don
    The time has come the woodworker said to speak of many things. 0f routers and Wood , chips and paints and stains and CNC and other things.

Re: Opengl

If you installed a new OS you should install your video card drivers again, otherwise Windows will not understand your card and can't use advanced graphics like opengl.

Quote Originally Posted by OlfCNC View Post
    If you installed a new OS you should install your video card drivers again, otherwise Windows will not understand your card and can't use advanced graphics like opengl.
    As I said in my first post I tried to install new drivers. This is an old Toshiba Laptop. No drivers Available at both Intel and Toshiba. The installers fail trying to install to windows 8.1. This is an Intel 945 graphics chipset. The last drivers are for Win7. I even used compatibility mode did not work

Thank You
    Don
    The time has come the woodworker said to speak of many things. 0f routers and Wood , chips and paints and stains and CNC and other things.

I'm afraid that without graphic drivers for a certain OS you will be unable to use opengl.
    The best option you have IMO is to reinstall Win7 if the computer has drivers for that OS only.

You may be right. I may try Win 10 first. If I am going to waste my time I may as well have fun. I can also watch the grass grow.

Thank You
    Don

Changing OS will not solve your problem. In ways in will make it worse. Your problem is your hardware will not support a high enough version of OpenGL to support UCCNC . AND it appears there are NO newer drivers available to update your hardware. AND with teh laptop and WIN10 you will run slap out of memory in Ram and Video for it to run correctly. WIN10 takes a lot of resources to run properly.

You MAY get it to work with XP or Win7. But I would not bet on it.

Just a thought, (;-) TP

Upgraded to windows 10 it is running just fine. Now I'm going to see if I can take care of the open GL problem.

I was I able to get the computer working with Windows 8.
    I managed to get open GL working and the machine is running fine