586,036 active members*
4,343 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Haas Machines > Haas Mills > 1995 Haas VF4...Over Voltage alarm?

1995 Haas VF4...Over Voltage alarm?

I am having an intermittent problem on the mill. Old machine, etc. May run fine for a day or two, then once in a while, while running, it will give a over voltage alarm. Sometimes in a cut, some times just sitting there. Machine guy came in a checked our voltage...230 on all 3 legs. He dropped our voltage to 212-214 and still didnt help. When we powered it up today, it had the over voltage alarm and wouldnt let you hit reset to clear it and continue running. Opened up the back panel, and I noticed a board for 12volts i think that had 3 red lights on it. Only two were lit up. - 12V was lit up, +5V was lit up, but -12V wasnt... Turned it off and on and finally got it up and running for now, all three lights lit up.
    Does this sound like the power supply that feeds that board is going out? We took it out and looked at it. Said INTEC 200watt power supply on it. Looked like a regular computer AT style power supply? Haas wants 865.00 for a power supply, like to confirm this sounds like a fix and maybe find a cheaper alternative...
    Thanks!

Hi Jrudicel

Go down to your local pc shop and pick up a power supply for $30 and replace it. Make sure the new one has a -5v line on it, some of the new ones dont have it also make sure you power it up from the propper supply ie 110 or 220

Regards
    Pat