586,047 active members*
3,784 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Okuma > how to detect coolant/air code, M03 / M04 ?

how to detect coolant/air code, M03 / M04 ?

hello, i am trying to write an enhanced M0 for mills, so to work just like on lathes ... please, i wish to make it work like this :

M0
    if spindle was on M3, than M3
    if spindle was on M4, than M4
    if spindle was stopped, than stay
    etc..

please, how can i detect status for :
    ... M3 M4 M5
    ... M08 M51 M120 M09
    ... M12 M59 ? kindly !
    Ladyhawke - My Delirium, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_bFO1SNRZg

Re: how to detect coolant/air code, M03 / M04 ?

By and large, that will depend on details for that machine, and almost every machine will be different.
    You will need to do some VB programming.

Cheers
    Roger

oh, machine is okuma mb 66vb, osp300 ... maybe someone has those, so i won't go fishing

i think this has something to do with the VORD function mr Wizard once shared the "LT200MY-P200.txt", and teahole said something about VORD[0095E] for coolant

but how would i get the argument ? how 0095E is what it is ? treasure hunt ...

are this codes transmissible between machines ?

Basically all I/O is accessible in the program, but are read only for safety reasons. The mapping is amazingly consistent on each control model, so once you've found your magic, it will typically work across machine models ie: mills will be the same with other mills and lathes will be the same as other lathes for such things as switches and M-codes. (entire mapping will depend on machine options)

If you go to your I/O display, the mapping starts for the Inputs at 0, but at the Output side you must subtract 512 from the register number in oder to use it in a program.

Once you find an input, you can access it using VIRD plus the address. For outputs, it is VORD plus the address-512.

Now using this logic, any input or output can be accessed. VERY POWERFUL! (don't kill yourself kitty) :-)

The I/O mapping is in your maintenance manual, but will usually take some digging to find exactly what you are looking for.

Now rather than write custom code to make up for poor programming, it is usually best to tweak your post or create code that works properly in the first place so as to avoid confusing your operators with "what the heck is VORD{0095E]" etc..

I agree with you that the mills should work like the lathes and restart what was active before the program stop, but I think there is an ancient Japanese law that forbids milling guys from talking to lathe guys. ;-)

Best regards,

Quote Originally Posted by OkumaWiz View Post

Now using this logic, any input or output can be accessed. VERY POWERFUL! (don't kill yourself kitty) :-)
    He's been playing with matches......

& now you're letting him play with the gas also ?? (chair)

Wonder what the next lot of questions will be based around ?

Quote Originally Posted by OkumaWiz View Post
    ... there is an ancient Japanese law that forbids milling guys from talking to lathe guys. ;-)
    hello i just find another difference : sometimes i check my programs, on lathe, for syntax errors, by using machine in virtual+rapid ( it moves only on screen, and feed movements are done in rapid ) .... if i do the same on mill, than feed is done in feed, not in rapid ...

i tried to understand your example for tool change, but i could not ... so i started writing my own, and after, i understood yours ... this is exacty what is hapening inside Okuma : if 2 persons are working on same thing, there will be different approaches is enough to consider that there is a "lathe team" and a "mill team" ... well, this is an explanation, but it does not have an "ancient japanese" feeling ...

so check this explanation there is Okuma guy that is at final control, and he verifies all he ensures that machine works, but he hates writing explanations however, his boss tels him to write down the manuals, because he is the most qualified person to do that, because he also verifies ... so, this guy has no choice ... trust me, he tried everything, but he can't escape his faith .... odds are in his favour, because he speaks an old special japanese dialect, and his writing can be "relatively well" understood by other japanese actually, his manuals are review by someone that checks grammar and spelling once this is done, a big pdf is translated by google, and "english" version is born same person that verifies japanese version also checks english version 1st edition was a mess, they had to rewrite it all, and thus, after it, there was a directive, saiyng that corrections should not be more than 10 words/50pages

actually i had intercept a dialog between this guy and hiss boss :

- are those manuals ready ?
    - working on it; lathe is ready, i still have to write the mill version
    - you mean that they are not ready ?
    - no no no, they are ready now i will just mix it a bit, so it won't look like a copy
    - you have 5 minutes ..
    - aaa, one more thing : there is a guy sending lot of e-mail about limits in load monitor; something like to replace 10 ..20% with ...
    - what ? who is him ?
    - is from America i think ...
    - America ? xxxx the americans \m/

At Okuma there are people coming and leaving from " manuals writing post/job " because of many reasons, and thus, each edition means some more text, added in a style like never before, +a new cover ( designer got fired ) ... by the way, actually, inside newer manuals are pages written at typewriting machines yes, they are a bit diagonal, like a poor xerox ... so maybe i am not so far from the truth

Why all the .....you know where the fullstop is, right ?
    Quote Originally Posted by deadlykitten View Post
    hello i just find another difference : sometimes i check my programs, on lathe, for syntax errors, by using machine in virtual+rapid ( it moves only on screen, and feed movements are done in rapid ) .... if i do the same on mill, than feed is done in feed, not in rapid ...
    Here is a hint for very quick check of syntax, etc ..... and also for a quick drawing of the path on the graphic screen

exit the editor.....
    type RS 999999 <write> ( same operation as ReStart at the 999999th line).......more or less the end of the program.... you can also type RS N200 <write> to restart on sequence N200 ..... or N10,2 is the 2nd occurrence of N10
    type PR <write> (brings you to Program Relative page) ........see what happen if you type PS

PS is short for Program Select

hy, i input N999 right before M02 ; after that, i opened restart window, and typed in N999, and machine checked fast during restart sequence. Thank you

what do you mean by "RS 999 <write>" / where to write ? in MDI ? i could not "write", so no PR / PS ...

I think restart E works on the mill but not on the lathe...here we go again!

Restart n9999 I've used many times as well as Machine lock + Dry Run + cycle start.

PS> if someone asks, I will give the answer if I know it. How they use the info determines if it is fire, Gasoline or fire extinguisher. I hope and try to tech the safe way at all times, but sometimes the student will try the unsafe way and gets "experience just after they needed it" or "learns the hard way" or experiences "unscheduled contact" if they don't follow the rules or use good safe machining practices.

Unfortunately nothing is foolproof since fools are so ingenious (by accident).
    Experience is what you get just after you needed it.

... or experiences "unscheduled contact"
    also "high level contact" or "3rd degree" sounds nice

Unfortunately nothing is foolproof since fools are so ingenious (by accident)
    actually, they will think that it does not work ... if somehow they realize it was an accident, than it means that they are not fool

exit the editor
    hello what editor ? the one in AUTO, where i can edit programs ?

type RS 999999 <write> ( same operation as ReStart at the 999999th line)
    i typed in in MDI ... it does not work ... also i searched the manuals, and i found this about RS :
    ... RS-232 > not relevant
    ... M19 RS > not relevant
    ... and this

=RS N10 ←
    [START] [WRITE] ← The sequence restore button should be pressed. (Alarm code 2 occurs.)

... and this

RS N10 WRITE
    CYCLE START pressed
    ->SEQ. RESTART is to be pressed.

but what means WRITE ? write where ? .... i found it finnaly : is the Enter button ; yup, is called WRITE because it sends data to the buffer, and after that is executed by "play/green" ... however, that is an ENTER key, is not WRITE .... who translated so ? all the manuals are filled with WRITE .... is wrong ; there is a keyboard, that sends text to the cnc through an interface, but acts like an ENTER all over the place ....pffff

type PR <write> (brings you to Program Relative page
    tried in MDI ; does not work; so i searched the manuals :
    ... Perform Simple No-load Monitoring > not relevant
    ... External equipment device name ... > not relevant
    ... i did not find a thing

i also searched "Program Relative" > nothing

PS
    same

( . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . )

well, writing N999 before M02 and restarting on it is ok

Oops.... my bad.... you have a P300 :bat:

the <WRITE> key disappeared after the 7000 series, when the windows based control appeared

the <WRITE> key disappeared after the 7000 series, when the windows based control appeared
    manuals are filled with it

Didn't they keep the Icon for the Write key? They went with the icon based control and eliminated any reference to a language so that the control panel remained the same whether English, Korean, Japanese, German, Dutch or whatever. It was becoming expensive to make a control panel for every language. With the Windows based controls, they also made language switching possible with most languages already in the control and changeable by parameter setting. It made sense to eliminate the text on the control panel, but I think it is still referred to as the Write key...

The P100 was the first Windows based control. The U100 and the E100 both came after the 7000, but were not windows based and did not have the language switching ability, but the groundwork was being laid for the future.

Control history for the newbies:
    OSP 2200
    OSP 3000
    OSP 5000 (green screen)
    OSP 5000 -G (color with graphics simulation - mid 80's)
    OSP 5020 (switched from 68000 to 68020 processor by Motorola)
    OSP 7000
    OSP U100
    OSP E100 (built as predecessor/backup with same drive and I/O hardware as P100 was going to have)
    OSP P100 (first Windows control)
    OSP P200 (first Windows control with it's own UPS built in. Made it possible for controlled shutdown in the event of a power loss that P100 was sensitive to.)
    OSP P300

There were some other controls before the 2200...anybody else care to fill them in? I know Okuma even played around with Fanuc in the early days and went away from it since it could not do what they wanted. They have some machines now that offer it as well on some of the machines that were originally Okuma-Howa's that were acquired when Okuma bought out Okuma-Howa.

Next control - probably P400 is under development.
    Experience is what you get just after you needed it.

about " Control history " : i feel i drop in at the right moment