586,082 active members*
3,609 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Fume Extraction Fan/Blower - Can I trust it?

My Chinese laser cutter arrived today. The exhaust fan came in a separate box. The box had 220V machine printed on it but someone had taken a marker to make it 110V.

When I opened the box, the blower had a paper label on it that said the correct 110v for here in the USA:

But the plug on the end of the power cord looks like the common one for China:

I have contacted the seller. They don't quite understand the issue. They said "The power supply have 2 sides,one side is 110V and the other side is 220V". I am not sure what the mean but I wonder if internally there are two connectors and thus I could source a power cord and just rewire things myself. That of course means I would have to trust the label is correct and that this really is a 110v motor with just the wrong cord attached. I would appreciate hearing other's thoughts on this. I need the fan to get up and running with my laser.

Thanks in advance!

Re: Fume Extraction Fan/Blower - Can I trust it?

which supplier ? see the blower if two power input ?

Chencan cnc router from 1998.
    skype marylee0411

Unfortunately, I don't know. The only label is the paper one shown in the second picture I posted. It is in Chinese, so I can't read it.
    "80 Watt” 700mm x 500mm Ke Hui 7050 Laser (Similar to the Red Sail)

Is your laser 110v or 220v ? Does your laser have inputs for the blower, on board? Did you check for an adaptor in your crate ? Just because a plug is rated for a higher
    voltage, does not mean it can't be run on 110v. Just have an electrician check out the blower. Just a side note, these blowers are loud and power hogs. For about $100, you can
    buy a new quiet, energy efficient blower from ebay. Just look for a hydroponics blower.

The laser is labeled as 110 and has the right cord (I am still getting it prepared to operate - not much time over the last two days since it arrived). The first thing I looked for was an adapter. Unfortunately, no. The seller thinks I got shipped a unit for Australia but that still doesn't make sense because while the plug shape is correct Australia is the higher voltage.

It was either assembled wrong using the wrong cord or it is 220v with the wrong label stuck on it.
    "80 Watt” 700mm x 500mm Ke Hui 7050 Laser (Similar to the Red Sail)