586,075 active members*
3,982 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > Commercial CNC Wood Routers > Chinese Machines > New 3040 Machine will not communicate with PC

New 3040 Machine will not communicate with PC

Hey guys, first off let me preface by saying I'm a complete newb to all of this. I recently bought this machine off of ebay and I cannot for the life of me get the motors to jog via Mach3.
    400W 3 Axis 3040 CNC Router ENGRAVER Milling Machine Engraving Drilling Desktop | eBay

I've got a Windows machine running the 32 Bit version of Windows 7. I downloaded the latest version of Mach3 yesterday. I bought a Rosewell RC-302 Parallel Port card and verified I'm getting 5 Volts to the motor controller box.
    I went through and followed Paul Campbell's tutorial on setting up all of the Mach3 controls and everything goes great until I try to jog the motors in the "Motor Tuning" screen, nothing happens at this point no matter what I set them to.

I'm at my whits end

Re: New 3040 Machine will not communicate with PC

Did you go into BIOS and make sure your parallel port is in EPP mode?
    Andrew Werby
    Website

Quote Originally Posted by awerby View Post
    Did you go into BIOS and make sure your parallel port is in EPP mode?
    I did and I believe that is part of the problem. Sorry for the double thread(the first one did not show up and I thought maybe the photo's caused the issue).

Attachment 332774

When I go into BIOS I don't think the Parallel Port is being seen as a Parallel Port, the only thing that relates to it at all is the "PCI, PCI-E, Normal" selectiong for the "Primary Video Adaptor"

Attachment 332776
    When I go into the options under Device Manager this is what I get and the drivers are all installed for Win7-32Bit

As you have fitted a seperate parallel card (PCI card) I am going to guess your motherboard does not have a parallel port built on to it. This is why it does not show in the BIOS, you will have to use the windows settings to get the PCI parallel card port address settings to put into the mach3 settings. This should be in 'device manager' The second picture is the one you need to check the settings, the button marked 'Port setting' will give you the address, make sure this is what you have in Mach3.

Hi,

Have this issue been fixed yet? I'm experiencing the same issue with the same machine (only that I run it on win xp) and can't find much help on the internet.

Thanks
    Tom