Hi gents, I recently purchased a C2 in non working order for a song knowing it needed a new controller board. Before I order one I need to know where a couple of loose wires belong if someone would be so kind as to assist. The previous owner had pulled stuff apart and has given up leaving them loose.

The reason for the problem is easy to spot, look at the state of this PCB track
Something fried it and bad, it looks to lead to one of the MOSFETS. Someone has had a scratch at it and whatever the fried it was left scorch marks on the control board cover. The track itself is totally melted away as you would expect if a power MOSFET shorted.

As I said before I replace it I need to know where the wires he left loose are supposed to end up.

These two blue ones (which I assume are from the chuck guard cutout switch) go nowhere at the moment. Please excuse the state of the machine, he gave it a good coat of lanolin before storing it away so its covered in a layer of oily dust which I see no sense in disturbing until its ready for use.

As you see the board is in a terrible state not sure if this was from before or after it blew. The brown and blue power wires are also loose, which terminals on the stop switch do they go on? Well, I assume that's where they go.

Last but not least the brown (or faded orange) and black wire shown here marked K4 also goes nowhere but its the board end that is attached this time. I'm assume the terminal next to it should be empty?

If I can get this sorted I will have an operating lathe and be a happy man so thanks in advance for any help and assistance that can be offered.

Regards, Col