586,096 active members*
3,619 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Dmm Technology > Line reactor recommendations for 3 & 4 servo drive set ups

Line reactor recommendations for 3 & 4 servo drive set ups

I am wiring up a CNC router (4x750W motors) & a CNC mill (2x750W&1x1.3kW) with DYN4 drives.

I am not familiar with or know much about the AC line reactors.

Could anyone recommend a Line reactor to use for each of those installations? Single phase 240V installation.

Thanks!

Re: Line reactor recommendations for 3 & 4 servo drive set ups

I used this for my two 1.3kw and one 1,8kw motors and just use two of the three connections:
    https://www.automationdirect.com/adc...ilters/lr-2015

I wasn't really having an issue with voltage but wanted to make sure my build followed the DMM guidelines as I was having some other issues.

Re: Line reactor recommendations for 3 & 4 servo drive set ups

Hi,
    I wound my own line reactor for my single phase VFD, I was having trouble when I was really pushing the spindle and loading the VFD getting noise into the CNC controls.

For a single phase setup any 5mH-10mH inductor of adequate current rating will work.

Most line reactors are three phase. You could regard them as three single phase reactors side by side. Many of them will have inductance of around 5mH, and that will be adequate.
    Ideally you'd have one coil per servo, but that's getting to be quite a few coils and moderately expensive. I think I would combine servos, 2 x 750W on one coil, 2 x 750W on the second coil
    and 1.3kW +750W on the last coil.

There are plenty on Ebay.

Line reactors are good for supressing power supply harmonics, but you should have a two-stage EMI filter as well, in your case you'd want three, combining them as you would the reactors.
    As an example:

https://nz.element14.com/corcom-te-c...ase/dp/9586474

If you are trying to tame a VFD then look at the manufacturers data, some of the better VFDs have terminals that allow the use of a DC choke (in the DCLink circuit) rather than a line reactor.
    They can achieve as good or even better results than a three phase line reactor in a smaller package.

Craig