as the title says- i've managed to experience 3 exploding drives and have 1 more left

im planning on sending the drives (and most likely my motors and cable sets) back to DMM so they can try to figure out what is going on
low on cash so i havent sent them back yet - probably going to be close to 100 bucks to ship back to them

but anyways i'll lay my saga out here hopefully someone can spot something wrong and/or help me figure what my problem is :wave:

here are some pictures of my test stand :

Attachment 333962
Attachment 333964

I first put power to the drives with 110V to logic side and 110V to power side
accessed all drives thru DMMDRV.exe and was able to test jog all motors and drives (motors made it to about 3000 rpm before faulting) - wonderful

after shutting down i put 220 Volts to the drives, powered up, and again was able to jog motors - past 5000 rpm -- awesome!!!

after powering down then back up some time later that day one of the drives stopped working and showed "Lost Phase" error
---- then shot blue flame and smoke out and was toast!!!

DMM advised me to send the drive back for evaluation but i didnt want to wait for the back and forth so i ordered another drive

after this episode i went back to 110 Volts on power side of drives
powered up the drives - jogged all motors in DMMDRV.exe - great!!! hooked cat5 cables to my breakout board and jogged with mach3 - awesome!!!
powered down then later that day powered back up

another exploding drive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

in desperation to get my mill running i tried yet again to run the last two drives i had
ran 220volts to them got them spinning with DMMDRV.exe
got them connected to my mill and jogged them with mach3
powered down and back up again later and another drive exploded!!!!!!

at this point im about having a nervous breakdown haha
and like i said i ve been in contact with DMM and also CNC4PC about it and am waiting to hear more and send my drives and motors back
but i figured someone on here would maybe be able to help or point out something ive done wrong

the pictures should be self explanatory as i labled the components in the pictures
but if there are any questions please ask

system in mill:

Ethernet SmoothSStepper
CNC4PC C32 breakout Board
Huanyang VFD for spindle motor (this is fed the same 220 volts as the DMM Drives
DG2S 8020 D servo drives with 80v20a toroid psu
various CNC4PC pieces to tie the DG2S drives to the C32

system on test cart:

Attachment 333966
DYN4 drives
DMM 86M-DHT-A6MK1
square D 30 amp fused disconnect feeding 240Volts AC single phase
fed into LG magnetic contactor - operated with 24 volts dc
fed thru 110vac to 24 volts ac transformer
fed thru old square D Start/Stop switch

power bar feeding drives logic power thru
1 - 3 amp fuse and 3 corcom EMI filters