Own a Fadal 4020HT that I am getting to know. Was initially interested in the PCNC 1100, but could not pass up on the deal for the Fadal. Been a lot of fun working with it. Now, in the market for a Lathe. I find myself in a similar question - go with a used production machine for the same price or less, or go with the Tormach Slant. I, of course, already have a phase converter. The lathe world does not seem to have a fadal equivalent. Spindle for the fadal was $2,700 and pretty straight forward to install since all the manuals were online and available. For less than I would have in the PCNC 1100, I have a 15 HP rigid tapping machine with thru spindle coolant and much bigger work envelope. Is the same true in the lathe world? As I am posting this in a Tormach forum, what made you go with the tormach as opposed to a GT27 or something similar? What about a production machine with some hours? Space is not a concern, but learning would be (advantage to the Tormach). I know nothing about lathes, but am in the process of learning and have picked up milling pretty easily. Thanks in advance.