586,116 active members*
3,324 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Community Club House > Little british car for advertisment

Lightbulb Little british car for advertisment

I can't belive I had'nt thought of this sooner.... I have a little shop, which most of the work for come from on-line .. needles to say I don't get much. The other day, I was pondering how to get more attention for this 'hobbie business' without having to pay for ads. In the mean time Theres a cute little Triumph gt6 out there just waiting for warmer weather to be re-assembled. Hmmmm. let's see I coyuld do as nice of a job as possble, and then put a sign in the window that tell the story of the car, and who restored it..I after all, got started in machining because of that car! so weather it's machine work or auto it wont bug me any! I just would like a second opinion...I mean it sounds too easy.
    Eddie

http://www.thecornershoponline.com/index.html

I can't help thinking that if you did a picture sequence on your restoration, in particular any parts that you machined because spares are not available, you might get a good response. Starting a business is a tough slog but if you can carve out your own little niche and establish a good reputation it is worth it. Just don't get discouraged if it seems to be taking longer than you thought it would; more than five years of serious effort before a business becomes self supporting is not unusual. Don't quit your regular job too early. And one thing that I think is very important: Don't undersell your self, set your prices at a sensible level or even a bit high and keep the quality up there to match, don't let your customers nickle and dime you down. It might take a bit longer to get established but it is much better in the future to have people say; "eddie6675? Boy he charges the earth but his stuff is good, go to him."