I am new to a job where we use probes extensively. I have never been around probes other than Renishaw tool height probes.

The most common way that I see probes used at my new job is where a hole is checked - for example the probe will enter a bore, and move and hit 12, 6, 9, and 3 O'clock to measure. It looks for a certain tolerance and if those numbers are not within, it stops the program.

Another way I have seen it is where the probe will go towards a fixture looking for a part. If the part is not there, the probe never reads once it reaches a certain Z, and it doesn't run that particular part because it know it is not there.

A third way that I think one can be used is to set a new WCS or offset, and then actually use the numbers it gets there to run off of. I have no idea how to do this.

For starters, I cannot decipher this code. I have no experience with it. I have been writing normal (common) G code by hand for ten years, but this stuff is new to me.

We mostly use Blum probes, but here is an example of some code from a Haas machine that also has its own little probe.

(Probe cycle)
T20 M06;
G65 P9832;
G0 G90 G54 X5.125 Y-11.5;
G43 Z5.420;
G31 Z3.337 F50.;
#1=#5003;
G00 G91 G28 Z0;
G65 P9833;
If [[#1] NE 3.337] GOTO1;
M01;

If somebody could break this down in detail, that would be great. I'm sure I can learn this, but I am totally.lost right now. Also, if you happen to know where I can get these answers, please let me know.