586,636 active members*
3,010 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Question Fanuc 10M feed problem in arcs

Dear friends , Hi .

I use kitamura mycenter 1 , with fanuc 10M controller.

My problem is that: the feed rate (G1) is reduced in the arcs and circular toolpaths . it reduced too much (became about 10 mm/min) although its value in the program is for example 500 mm/min .Also the movement of the tool in these areas becomes non contineous .

In these case the machining time incresed too much .

I have also used G2 and G3 codes , It became a little better but I think the movement of the tool could be much smoother . :tired:

I had the same problem for heidenhain controller , I have used M90 in front of each program block and the movement became much smoother and the feed rate does not decreased in arcs and circular toolpaths :banana: . but the M90 does not work for fanuc 10M .

It will be your kindness if you help me :drowning: because in these case the machining time is too much and it is not possible to work in this condition. :drowning:

You can also mail me your answers . my e-mail address is [email protected]

Thank you in advance
    Alan Minasian

We had the same problem......

Hi,

The problem is that you don't have high speed option installed (G05.1). You only have 2 lines of look ahead. You can verify this buy issuing a G05.1 in MDI mode. If you get the alarm then you don't have this option. You will have to contact Fanuc to get the option.....It is well worth it if.......On my SNK profiler it would go from 80ipm down to about 4 or six.....With G05.1 enabled it now only drops to about 50......Look up G05.1 in your operators manual and follow the instructions for use.....

Paul:rainfro:

Could you please post an example of the toolpath in question?

I think....

I think that he is probably trying to cut arcs......The 10M control is notorious for this issue.....the control can't preprocess the G code fast enough. On the native control without the high speed machining option (G5.1) the control slows down while processing tries to catch up....arcs are a very intense task on this control.....

Paul:rainfro:

Dear Pauldkeeton ;
    Thank you . I will check it and I will write the result for you . I hope the G5.1 will works.

Also dear ghyman ;
    I will write an example program . but it worths to say that the program contains only general G-codes and not any other specific code.

Regards
    AMEG CNC