Our company has only had this machine for about 5 months and I was just kind of thrown in here without any formal training. I'm learning a lot, but I know there's still a lot more I need to learn. The interesting thing I'm experiencing recently was .dxf conversion. I've had a lot of success with it, but for some reason this one particular .dxf has been giving me trouble. The .dxf is a cad drawing of a cam and a return for a S1f Left Cam. The drawing has three profiles, the cam, inside of the return, and the outside of the return. I've been able to pick up a start point for both the cam and the outside of the return, however it's the inside profile of the return that I can't seem to pick up. I've had previous .dxf files that had similar geometries that went well without a hitch, but for some reason this particular one won't pick up the inner profile of the return.

The other problem I've been having is sometimes the directional path of the tool won't go where I told it to, and will start conventional cutting instead of climb cutting. I'm not sure if our control software needs a software update, or if there's just something that I'm missing.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.