586,119 active members*
3,568 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > How do I import code from computer drive to Emco PC turn/GE fanuc 0/WinNC

How do I import code from computer drive to Emco PC turn/GE fanuc 0/WinNC

I bought my first cnc lathe last week. Its a 1999 Emco PC Turn 55. I'm ready to run g code files, but I can't get them into the WinNC program. I've tried changing the I/O in the parameters to A, C and E(usb), but it says no files found. I've moved the files directly to an A drive floppy, and also tried putting them in a folder called "C:\\WINNC32\FANUC0.T\PRG" which looks to have some old NC files in it. I've also tried adding an O to the beginning of the filename since all the files in the WinNC program start with O. Path: is blank in the parameters, and I suspect something needs to go there.

Re: How do I import code from computer drive to Emco PC turn/GE fanuc 0/WinNC

Did you sort this out? File names must be O1234 with no extension. Use WinConfig to check the work directory. It should be set to C: if you put the files directly in the PRG directory. I/O directory in the parameters in the control is for file transfer, and would normally be A for the a: floppy. Contact Emco for documentation for the machine if you don't have them.

I got it figured out. I turned out that I needed to set it to com port 3 and not C. 3 is the port on the expansion card that the lathe is plugged into.

Congratulations on your first CNC. Glad to see someone make a commitment (have the balls) in a tough manufacturing season. Look under my uploads/documents and you'll find things that will help you.

Good Luck,

JR
    JR Walcott
    Georgia Machine Tool Resources, LLC