586,080 active members*
3,571 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Spring pass on threads with coversational

Hi, this is my first cnc lathe and I appreciate everyone's help thus far. Ive only had manual lathe experience so I'm mostly using the conversational and it's working great for me.

I had 2 questions:

1) is there a drop menu or toggle for metric threads? Or do I have to convert to inches?

2) while we're threading, I'm trying to figure out is how to do a spring pass after conversationally programmed threads. Without having to run the whole thread code.

Thanks in advance for any info.

Paul

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Spring pass on threads with coversational

To do metric you will have to use G21 to switch to metric. This causes everything to go metric. Pita. I just convert to inch and run.

There is no spring pass in the conversational as I know it. I just run the cycle twice or adjust my cutting depth

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by cbyrd View Post
    To do metric you will have to use G21 to switch to metric. This causes everything to go metric. Pita. I just convert to inch and run.

There is no spring pass in the conversational as I know it. I just run the cycle twice or adjust my cutting depth

Chris
    Thanks Chris! That's all I was able to come up with too and thought I missed something somewhere. for the quick reply.

Sereks, No spring pass UI on conversational I know about, but you can alway bring it up gedit by hitting 'Edit GCode' and add a H1 or H2 to the end of the G76 line ( or block, however you want to say it ). H1 is one spring pass, H2 on the other hand is very mysterious .. two spring passes :-)!

Spring pass on threads with coversational

Quote Originally Posted by adamvs View Post
    Sereks, No spring pass UI on conversational I know about, but you can alway bring it up gedit by hitting 'Edit GCode' and add a H1 or H2 to the end of the G76 line ( or block, however you want to say it ). H1 is one spring pass, H2 on the other hand is very mysterious .. two spring passes :-)!
    THANK YOU Adam!

Is this correct?

Recommend you make a suggestion to Tormach that they add this to the Conversational, using their "request a feature" website.

PathPilot® by Tormach Bug Reporting and Feature Requests
    Tim
    Tormach 1100-3, Grizzly G0709 lathe, Clausing 8520 mill, SolidWorks, HSMWorks.

Quote Originally Posted by tmarks11 View Post
    Recommend you make a suggestion to Tormach that they add this to the Conversational, using their "request a feature" website.

PathPilot® by Tormach Bug Reporting and Feature Requests
    Good idea .. I'll do that. I was looking at the conversational page ( it's pretty crowded) and if they shifted things just a scosh, they might be able to cram a spring pass check box in there. I think it should be defaulted to 'on'. One spring pass is really all you need; I've cut a bunch of threads on this machine and you always get a tiny chip on the spring pass.

...ok, done.

Sereks, Beautiful! That's it. I put a note up on their 'request a feature' thing on their pathpilot page asking for a 'spring pass' check box. One is really all you need, but because of part deflection you always get a chip on that spring pass.

Thank you tmarks, I've also sent a suggestion.

Adam, it worked! Thanks again!