586,055 active members*
4,352 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Tormach Personal CNC Mill > Tormach PathPilot™ > PathPilot - Left Handed Grooving Tool - M04 Reverse in Conversational

PathPilot - Left Handed Grooving Tool - M04 Reverse in Conversational

I have a couple of left-handed,end cutting, grooving tools that I would like to use in the turret on the Tormach slant bed lathe. I'm using PathPilot and I can't find an option to select a left handed parting tool on the tool touch page. I've chosen the right handed parting tool option, which works. However, I would like to have the controller reverse the spindle (M04) when I select this tool in my conversational programming. Currently, I'm having manually to edit the g-code to reverse the spindle by replacing the M03 command with an M04. Am I missing something fundamental, or is this really the only way to get program the reverse spindle in conversational programming? Thank you in advance.

Re: PathPilot - Left Handed Grooving Tool - M04 Reverse in Conversational

These are ID tools, right? Yeah, I don't think you have a selection option in Conversational. Come to think of this, this would apply to threading as well. A good suggestion for their idea box. In the mean time, you need to hack the g-code .. not too bad in this case.