586,189 active members*
3,953 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Controller & Computer Solutions > Older Millport with Dynapath Series 20 (not Delta 20) - resurrect or retrofit?

Older Millport with Dynapath Series 20 (not Delta 20) - resurrect or retrofit?

This Millport was new from the factory with the Dynapath 20 control (3 axis with SEM motors and Heidenhain encoders). Fairly low hours when we shuttered it to make room for a new Haas - it had been showing signs of power supply weakness and other issues anyway. I've procured this from my employer for my own business (07/02 FFL/SOT firearms manufacturing and gunsmithing).

I'm anticipating control issues when it comes back up, and I was never a fan of the fully conversational canned programming anyway - I'd prefer something either full-on PC controlled that I can load a solid model in and go, or G code I can post to. Is there any value to resurrecting the existing control?

If you were going to go with a computer based solution - what would you choose (knowing I've already got usable servos and encoders, not steppers)?

Re: Older Millport with Dynapath Series 20 (not Delta 20) - resurrect or retrofit?

The system controls were not real fun. I'd go with centroid or Linux cnc,

Sent from my A3-A20FHD using Tapatalk

Re: Older Millport with Dynapath Series 20 (not Delta 20) - resurrect or retrofit?

Quote Originally Posted by underthetire View Post
    The system controls were not real fun. I'd go with centroid or Linux cnc,

Sent from my A3-A20FHD using Tapatalk
    I ran it a bit back when it was still up and running - it seemed to be 'ok' at best. I recall losing home position and having to re-zero my part every time there was a power failure.

Does something like Mach3 work with a setup that uses big servos like this?