586,961 active members*
2,877 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > Commercial CNC Wood Routers > Chinese Machines > Becker 3.140 oiless vacuum pump, from China: FAKES or not ??

Becker 3.140 oiless vacuum pump, from China: FAKES or not ??

From what I see on Amazon and other sites, this pump sells for around 4-6k. I got a quote on a machine purchase from a china factory and the price of adding this on was only $1700USD. Why can they sell them for so cheap and are they fakes ?

Re: Becker 3.140 oiless vacuum pump, from China: FAKES or not ??

Cutting out the middle man. Although the middle man is your main support, so that is where the cost comes from. I am looking at going through a reputable alibaba merchant for mine, but I do know it will come with little to no support.

I did actually receive a reply from a Chinese company who suggested not buying one from china as no one in china has an import licence for them and hence so after sales service and no guarantees. There price was $2300USD

Quote Originally Posted by AndySS View Post
    I did actually receive a reply from a Chinese company who suggested not buying one from china as no one in china has an import licence for them and hence so after sales service and no guarantees. There price was $2300USD

So,ANDYSS:
    what dd you end up doing? Did you buy the chinese becker pump. I'm in a similar circumstance and contemplating a purchase of a Becker Chinese mfd. pump or a Chinese "replacement version for $900 less.

thanks in advance for your response.

Quote Originally Posted by mbgardner View Post
    So,ANDYSS:
    what dd you end up doing? Did you buy the chinese becker pump. I'm in a similar circumstance and contemplating a purchase of a Becker Chinese mfd. pump or a Chinese "replacement version for $900 less.

thanks in advance for your response.
    whats the brand of the chinese pump your considering ? At the moment i am about to order mine, I am also still deciding.

We are cnc router manufacturer. As we know, Becker has the cheaper one which produced in China, well its main part seems also imported. For the higher price one, which is totally imported for whole vacuum pump. As we always say, you get what you pay. If you have enough budget, get Becker brand vacuum pump, its working performance is rather superior than "Chinese replacement version", of course, higher price Becker is much better. If the budget is limited, you could consider "Chinese replacement version".
    Amanda Cheung from OMNI, www.omni-cnc.com,
    [email protected], Skype: omni-cnc